Tennis Wimbledon 2014

Dizzi

Podium Finisher
Been some good tennis & we're only 3 days in.
Tsonga seems to be making a meal out of his matches & I'm not sure he'll beat Querry, it's going ot be another fastest out of the box set & the third day in a row playing for Jo-Wilfred.
I don't dislike any tennis player (although Meltzer was getting my goat the other night) but I'm glad to see Andy having a smoother ride than Novak and Rafa so far.
Guess I can't hope for a tournament as good as last year, Andy to the final (& win) and ladies champion guaranteed a new winner.
Whoever sorted the draws was having a laugh putting Thomas Berdych and Bernard Tomic together - poor commentators getting those the right way round!

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
Looking rather moist on the forecast. Bah Humbug.

Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 12.55.23.png

Jen

Here be dragons.
Contributor
Finally, some guys who just pick up the ball and hit it. Their speed was incredible - Dimitrov won against Dolgopolov. Grigor could frighten a shoe tapping, ball bouncing, clothe-adjusting next opponent!

Jen

Here be dragons.
Contributor
Andy's on again today, against the very tall Kevin Anderson. Second to play on Centre court.

Jen

Here be dragons.
Contributor
Andy tested a bit, as one would expect in the fourth round. However, he finally wins in three sets. Waiting to watch Jo Wilfried and Novak later today.

Last edited:

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
I think winning in three sets isn't too much of a test. The next round could be the big test.

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
That was a shocker, :o, Nadal out. Who would have thought that.

I might not watch this afternoons match, or if I do it may be from behind the sofa.

Last edited:

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
Andy could be going home by the look of things. lost first set 6-1 to Dimitrov.

I was looking forward to watching the Murray final on Sunday too.

Top Bottom