Poll Will McLaren finish the race?

Will a McLaren finish the race?

• Both McLaren's will finish

• One McLaren will not finish

• Both McLarens DNF

• Both McLarens DNF because they DNQ

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh, I don't know, a bit of chewing gum and gaffer tape underneath might hold.:)

I wonder what Alonso thought of it, one engine down and he hasn't even had a free practice yet.

It was quite interesting watching JB against Perez today. Jenson was frequently opening up around a second of gap seemingly from nowhere. I don't think I've seen such a variation in pace before.

It was noticeable that the Force India was 30 kph faster on the straight than the McLaren when they were both close but no DRS was being used. Now they have proved that they can run a race distance it could be that they will start gradually upping the engine power.

So with McLaren-Honda getting one car to the finish today in 11th, how did that compare with Honda's of yesterday:

1964 - German GP - Honda Team - 1 Car Entry - Ronnie Bucknam finished 13th

1983 - British GP - Spirit Racing (Engine Only) - 1 Car Entry - Stefan Johanson - DNF (Fuel System)

2000 - Australian GP - BAR (Engine Only) - Jacques Villeneuve 4th - Ricardo Zonta 6th

2006 - Bahrain GP - Honda Team - Jenson Button 4th - Rubens Barichello 15th.

So, with Button's 11th and KMag's DNS we have

2 4ths
1 6th
1 13th
1 15th
1 DNF and 1 DNS

It was quite interesting watching JB against Perez today. Jenson was frequently opening up around a second of gap seemingly from nowhere. I don't think I've seen such a variation in pace before.
I saw the same. I wondered if maybe all this stuff about it being a decent car underneath might actually be true. It seemed to be handling well in the sweeping curves, especially under acceleration.

Was he opening up a gap or was Perez just being crap? Although the coming together was maybe more on the side of being Jenson's fault, Perez was frequently taking trips over the grass etc.

Back
Top Bottom