Poll Will McLaren finish the race?

Will a McLaren finish the race?

• Both McLaren's will finish

• One McLaren will not finish

• Both McLarens DNF

• Both McLarens DNF because they DNQ

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've come over all Rhett Butler in this poll, as in "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn".

If that happened Kmag would be about as popular as someone trying to fob Jezza Clarkson off with a cold meat platter...
But what if it was clearly Jenson's fault.

Anyways nevermind about that it's all just speculation, overly optimistic speculation too thinking they're going to have two cars successfully start the race.

Mclaren will finish the race but probably lapped 3 times ... when was the last time Mclaren were lapped 3 times in the race?

Ron's stupid driver meddling over last season has been part of the problem

To be fair they actually did marginally better in qualifying than I was expecting! They're running with the engine turned down considerably, plus both drivers are saying the car is much better than last year's. I certainly wouldn't write off their entire season just yet.

It's funny how often McLaren seem to start the season from a weak position, though obviously it's a fair bit worse this year. They do seem to be probably the best team for improving throughout the year.
I started off this year not really caring too much about them (I used to be their biggest fan but just lost interest over the years in frustration) but it genuinely do seem like there's a lot of potential there.

My concern is how far off they are. It may be ok in the end, but renault had engine issues laat season, but were still able to be relatively competitive from race 1, they were not 4 seconds off the pace.

Apparently the gap is 5 seconds if Mercedes ran at full power so Mclaren have lost 4 seconds of pace changing engine partners and with the engine restrictions that is almost impossible to make up
- I can remember Damon Hill and Arrows turning up about 6 seconds a lap slower back in 1997 and by the end of the season the team was capable of scoring points and podiums

Now Mclaren you'd think can probably challenge for wins...unless Ron still thinks they can win the championship from this position:whistle:

No, not bad at all, however, they were NEVER going to be title contenders, nor did they have the massive budget that McLaren and Honda have, nor had they ever even won a race.

No comparison really.

The only similar situation I can see is that last season, the non Mercedes engine teams struggled with their engines, however, only the new teams were so far off, and even then, I am not sure as last season the conditions in qualifying were not comparable.

No, there is a long way to go, and I am worried about how far off they are now compared to last season.

I do hope I am wrong mind!!

The Pits Nope I think Ron Dennis has got everyone deluded into thinking he is the man to lead to them back to the glory days

Mclaren should just paint themselves red and white

Another note Button is doing sponsorship for Santander again as the ads on the Metro with him says " Winners keep on winning! " oh dear :whistle::nah::shocked::facepalm:

Last edited:
We now know it can do race distance, you don't need tokens to improve reliability, just better bits. I wonder if Magnussens engin is repairable under the regulations, as it dumped oil not electricity I assume notLOL

Back
Top Bottom