Who will beat Whom - Cars 24 & 25

Who will beat whom?

• Total voters

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
To complete the survey of those teams who promptly announced their line-ups is the noirrouge of Virgin Racing, run by the Manor team.

Their team leader, Timo Glock, actually lost in the championship to Lucas di Grassi in 2010, although this site's head-to-head competition gave the honours squarely to the German. His attempt to avoid going down in history as the footnote to the 2008 title race continues.

Here come the Belgians! Jerome d'Ambrosio represents the Francophones in this year's championship, which is a tragedy in itself I suppose. He finished 12th in GP2 last year, winning the sprint race in Monaco from pole.

Virgin have so many companies I could literally call this Fence anything...

But I'm going to be going for Glock

Long time listner, first time caller

Glock by a country mile. Expect to see him score some points finishes this season and pull off a stunner of a result(maybe 5th) at Hungry as he's an expert there.

Does finishing 12th in GP2 earn a F1 drive? Or is there more to d'Ambrosio than just mere achievements?
(One swallow sprint-race win from pole, a great driver maketh not...)

Unless anyone can sing the merits of the Belgian, I'm voting for Timo Glock.

RasputinLives said:
Long time listner, first time caller

Glock by a country mile. Expect to see him score some points finishes this season and pull off a stunner of a result(maybe 5th) at Hungry as he's an expert there.

Welcome to the site Rasputin!

Has to be Timo doesn't it.

One of those F1 drivers with the talent to win races but will always be in the wrong car at the wrong time.

McZiderRed said:
Unless anyone can sing the merits of the Belgian, I'm voting for Timo Glock.

I don't know about sing his merits, but actually I think Jerome will do reasonably ok. His GP2 season was a game of two halves - very disappointing early on, then he was 'rested' for a weekend and replaced by Romain Grosjean (remember him?). After getting his seat back he was right up among the fastest guys, and didn't score the points he deserved to.

So there may be motivation issues, but I think the raw speed is there. In the Abu Dhabi testing he had a run-out for Renault, and compared reasonably well with Kubica by all accounts.

P.S. I voted for Glock, though.

Since I know absolutely nothing of d'Ambrosio, and I think Glock has flattered to deceive in his career so far, I will sit on the VirginMedia fence for this one.

Seeing as Snowy beat me to the Tim O'Glock gag :grrr: I'm going to have to sit on the fence after Timmy's bumper car display last season and I know nothing about Tintin aside from the fact he likes donuts.

Speshal said:
Seeing as Snowy beat me to the Tim O'Glock gag :grrr: I'm going to have to sit on the fence after Timmy's bumper car display last season and I know nothing about Tintin aside from the fact he likes donuts.

And creamed rice. :whistle:

Answers 19-2 for d'Ambrosio
confused.gif

Anyway, I voted for Glock.

Answers 19-2 for d'Ambrosio :s
Unfortunately, as we had to convert from phpBB to vBulleting to XenForo, the poll results are all inaccurate.
There's not much I can do about it apart from manually editing the tables in the database so we'll just have to accept it as a casualty of the migration.

Back
Top Bottom