Who will beat whom - Cars 1 & 2?

Who will finish higher in the WDC?

• Total voters
I know there's another thread elsewhere, with everyone's verdict noted, but just thought I'd vote in this poll as well.

McLaren will have developed a well balanced car, with Lewis' help over the 2009 season, which will suit Jenson's driving style.
Jenson to finish ahead of Lewis.
I've planted my cider bar towel in the Jenson camp and trust it brings him luck for the 2010 season!

Lewis will win this one.

I doubt he will "murder" Button, but if the McLaren is in the slightest bit "lively" or unbalanced, Hamilton has a prodigious talent to drive around those challenges ; Button doesn't.

One thing that I keep seeing/hearing is that Lewis likes the car to be skittish, gets the back to step out and really abuses the tyres.

In his first season it was viewed, probably correctly, as a flaw in his driving, but now its viewed that he was lucky that the McLaren likes that sort of driving.

Is there the remotest possibility that Lewis has toned his driving down to level that brings the best out of the car? If this is accepted as any sort of possibility there's no reason to say that he won't be able to continue to do so as the car evolves. Yes, the car may be moving more towards Jenson's style of driving because of the new regs, but that's the point, "Let the Mountain come to Mohammed" seems to be Jenson's driving style - and he's very good at it, but I think Lewis is more "Mohammed going to the Mountain", and is somewhat better and more mobile.

Heikki's smooth style actually produced more tyre degradation than Lewis' aggressive style. He has actually gone on record, saying he changed his style of driving so it was more like Lewis's in order to raise tyre temp and reduce tyre wear.

I expect Hamilton to win this contest, given his familiarity and comfort level with the team. I also suspect that, since he has been there for several years, the team knows how to adjust the car to his liking. I also think that Lewis is just a much faster driver. To be honest, I have never been a Button fan, and I still am not. I think that his seeming inability to improve the Brawn as much as Lewis improved the McLaren speaks volumes.

No brainer this one, if Jenson sports the silly stuble that will minutely slow him down but Lewis should take this hands down.

Back
Top Bottom