Poll Who will be the first driver to be replaced this season?

Who will be the first driver to lose his seat this season?

• Jenson Button

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fernando Alonso

• Michael Schumacher

• Nico Rosberg

• Kimi Raikkonen

• Romain Grosjean

• Paul di Resta

• Nico Hulkenburg

• Kamui Kobayashi

• Sergio Perez

• Pastor Maldonado

• Heikki Kovalainen

• Vitaly Petrov

• Timo Glock

• Total voters
Who would replace Perez at Sauber should their lose him? Can't see Massa taking a pay cut to go there. Gutierrez is still very inexperienced and should be focusing on GP2 this year. For me if i was Sauber i'd fight Ferrari tooth and nail to keep Perez.
Ferrari's other young driver Jules Bianchi would possibly replace Perez at Sauber if he went to Ferrari. The were rumours that Ferrari tried to get Bianchi into Kobayashi's seat over the winter.

Ferrari's other young driver Jules Bianchi would possibly replace Perez at Sauber if he went to Ferrari. The were rumours that Ferrari tried to get Bianchi into Kobayashi's seat over the winter.

That may be the case. But i really can't see Sauber giving Perez up without a fight. Plus if i was Perez myself i'd think yeah Ferrari want me but whats the best thing for me to do. For this season I think he'd rather stay with Sauber, than have pressure on his shoulders in an under-performing Ferrari.

For all we know Perez could have a bad race the next time out and all this talk will be put to bed until the end of the season.

That may be the case. But i really can't see Sauber giving Perez up without a fight. Plus if i was Perez myself i'd think yeah Ferrari want me but whats the best thing for me to do. For this season I think he'd rather stay with Sauber, than have pressure on his shoulders in an under-performing Ferrari.

For all we know Perez could have a bad race the next time out and all this talk will be put to bed until the end of the season.

Well I doubt Sauber would have much say in the matter if Ferrari wanted Perez, since firstly they supply their engines and secondly, as Perez is part of the Ferrari young driver program I'd imagine he'd have an option in his contract for Ferrari so that if and when they want him, they get him.

I would like to point out that I posted that link before the race, so these Perez to Sauber rumours weren't based on his performance today, though obviously it will enhance the rumours.

That said, I don't think he should go to Ferrari this year if they do want him, I think he should stay at Sauber this year continuing to develop and then go to Ferrari next year if he can. As you said, he'd be under a lot of pressure in an under-performing Ferrari that he'll have to learn without any testing.

Well I doubt Sauber would have much say in the matter if Ferrari wanted Perez, since firstly they supply their engines and secondly, as Perez is part of the Ferrari young driver program I'd imagine he'd have an option in his contract for Ferrari so that if and when they want him, they get him.

I would like to point out that I posted that link before the race, so these Perez to Sauber rumours weren't based on his performance today, though obviously it will enhance the rumours.

That said, I don't think he should go to Ferrari this year if they do want him, I think he should stay at Sauber this year continuing to develop and then go to Ferrari next year if he can. As you said, he'd be under a lot of pressure in an under-performing Ferrari that he'll have to learn without any testing.

Yeah would tend to agree with this.

A young driver's head is easily turned by the lure of Ferrari so I can;t see Perez saying NO unless another team comes in for him say Mclaren or Red Bull like Alonso did in 2001 turning down Ferrari and Todt when he knew he would waste his years being Schumacher's No 2

The fact he is part of the programme makes it difficult not to say no unless he is going to be bought out which is not a problem when he is backed by the world's richest man Carlos Slim

I personally don't believe Kubica will be an another F1 race, and certainly not in a Ferrari.

That might be an option if Ferrari sack Massa and put Kubica in and see if he can get up to speed for a shoot out for 2013

there are some people at Ferrari who want Massa out and Kubica in as part of the politics and getting rid of the last remnants of the Todt era

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say Ferrari will not replace a driver mid season barring injury or them doing something in the media to earn them a sacking - certainly not Fellipe who is well loved despite losing form. They'll let him see the season out and wave goodbye in Brazil with dignity.

This isn't football

They'll let him see the season out and wave goodbye in Brazil with dignity.

This isn't football

Them Brazilians are quite good at football. Lookig at Massa recently I'm beginning to wonder whether Massa came back at all. I think it's Danny DeVeto in a Ferrari race suit.

In all seriousness, though Filipe is lucky to be in the car this year at all. He is in last chance saloon and has already been issued with a public ultimatum. His time to prove he can still contend may well be over.

Them Brazilians are quite good at football. Lookig at Massa recently I'm beginning to wonder whether Massa came back at all. I think it's Danny DeVeto in a Ferrari race suit.

In all seriousness, though Filipe is lucky to be in the car this year at all. He is in last chance saloon and has already been issued with a public ultimatum. His time to prove he can still contend may well be over.

Well I am going to write an article today concerning Alonso/Ferrari and Massa and why he'll stay where he is so I'll save that for later but the only think I will say is when was the last time one of the big teams got rid of one of their drivers mid-season over bad performances. The only example I can think of is Trulli.

Well I am going to write an article today concerning Alonso/Ferrari and Massa and why he'll stay where he is so I'll save that for later but the only think I will say is when was the last time one of the big teams got rid of one of their drivers mid-season over bad performances. The only example I can think of is Trulli.

I'll look forward to reading it and quoting it back to you when the Ferrari press release is issued. ;)

F1 is a results based business, always has been, always will be. The fact of the matter is that Alonso is vastly outperforming Massa. While it is true that Ferrari have a history of using 2nd 'weaker' driver, they still need a driver to collect points on those occasional races in which Alonso fails to deliver, Massa simply doesn't do this. I think that Ferrari will keep Massa, but only because they're not challenging for the WCC (although still need money from it), come 2013 I think we'll see Perez there.

We have such a strong lineup this season and the only drivers that i can see being replaced are Massa, Karthakayan and possibly Charles Pic.

Massa's probably going to be the first to go.. currently 18th in the championship, behind both Marussia drivers and if it stays like this for much longer..he has to go surely

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say Ferrari will not replace a driver mid season barring injury or them doing something in the media to earn them a sacking - certainly not Fellipe who is well loved despite losing form. They'll let him see the season out and wave goodbye in Brazil with dignity.

This isn't football

I quote Ivan Capelli 1992 or Rene Arnoux 1984.. Lauda 1977 was different matter

Back
Top Bottom