Poll Who will be the first driver to be replaced this season?

Who will be the first driver to lose his seat this season?

• Jenson Button

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fernando Alonso

• Michael Schumacher

• Nico Rosberg

• Kimi Raikkonen

• Romain Grosjean

• Paul di Resta

• Nico Hulkenburg

• Kamui Kobayashi

• Sergio Perez

• Pastor Maldonado

• Heikki Kovalainen

• Vitaly Petrov

• Timo Glock

• Total voters
Can't see that happening this season but if he keeps getting the results I can see him in that seat next year for certain.

I thought that Massa was doing quite well in the wet, then suddenly his tyres went off, he went backwards in race positions and after that he never looked like getting any places back.

The difference is that Fisi was at the end of his career. A Ferrari drive would be a fantastic opportunity for Sergio. It is up to him to grab it with both hands and make the most of it, surely.

Who would replace Perez at Sauber should their lose him? Can't see Massa taking a pay cut to go there. Gutierrez is still very inexperienced and should be focusing on GP2 this year. For me if i was Sauber i'd fight Ferrari tooth and nail to keep Perez.

The difference is that Fisi was at the end of his career. A Ferrari drive would be a fantastic opportunity for Sergio. It is up to him to grab it with both hands and make the most of it, surely.
Nice thought - if he should go to Ferrari now, he will be number two - should he hold station and continue 'performing' (God, I hate that word) for the rest of the season, he might just get equal status.

Who would replace Perez at Sauber should their lose him? Can't see Massa taking a pay cut to go there. Gutierrez is still very inexperienced and should be focusing on GP2 this year. For me if i was Sauber i'd fight Ferrari tooth and nail to keep Perez.
Think you're right Hammy - they won't let him go without a fight and why should they?

Nice thought - if he should go to Ferrari now, he will be number two - should he hold station and continue 'performing' (God, I hate that word) for the rest of the season, he might just get equal status.

Imagine turning up at Ferrari and continuing to perform, perhaps even outperforming Alonso. I think that would be the only way to ouste Fernando from his throne at Ferrari. What a challenge.

Imagine turning up at Ferrari and continuing to perform, perhaps even outperforming Alonso. I think that would be the only way to ouste Fernando from his throne at Ferrari. What a challenge.
Ferrari are not renowned for having equal status drivers - they tend to work on the theory of stage coach driver and shotgun. It will take an extremely talented driver to oust Nando, so the more experience (although hasn't done Massa any good) and points a driver has, the better.

Challenge is irrelevant, in these terms - I'm sure they would just like to beat Nando fair and square

TBH - I was hoping we'd see an all Mexician Sauber team next season with Perez and Gutierrez. Now i can't see it happening :(. Shame as both are massively talented and could have worked they way to a top team together.

Back
Top Bottom