• Stoffel Vandoorne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Say Below)

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

F1Brits_90

World Champion
With next year possibly another new era in 2017 with cars radically different, wondering who do you think will win 2017 title.
  • Continued dominance of mercedes with either Lewis or Nico
  • With more aero will it be Red bull resurgence, with young pair of Riccardio & Verstappen
  • After underwhelming results since 2009 (bar 2012) will Ferrari finally challenge
  • Will McLaren finally become competitive under Honda
  • Or will we have another Brawn & huge outsider shocking us

forgot to mention on the above that as soon as the odds come out & im getting my money on red bull drivers because i feel it will be the longest odds i'll get all season based on 2010 - 2013

Ricciardo is my very early favourite, but it genuinely could be anyone. Who'll have a great plan sitting on a computer somewhere?

If it's Red Bull, Mercedes or Ferrari it'll last for years. If it's McLaren, it'll be interesting as they'll have some sort of flaw managing to lose them Grands Prix. Otherwise, it's 2009. Here's hoping.

If I had to be pushed i would say Riccardio because id just believe he is more consistant than verstappen over a season as he doesnt strike me at the moment a driver who thinks long term & is 1 race at a time. But verstappen always surprises me throughout his career & wouldn't surprise me to do a lewis 2007 when he took the world by storm

I think Newey will relish the big regulation change. Engines and cars are different and it gives Red Bull a real chance to catch Mercedes. In a level contest between the Merc and Redbull drivers I would have to give the championship to Dan RIc. I think he is a class act without the weaknesses of the other 3.

To be fair, he has also not been in a true title fight and under real pressure. Not saying hevwouldnt cope, but you never know util you're there.

Just seen some odds for 2017 season any surprises
Lewis Hamilton 6/4
Nico Rosberg 3/1
Max Verstappen 10/3
Daniel Ricciardo 9/2
Sebastian Vettel 14/1
Fernando Alonso 25/1
Kimi Raikkonen 33/1
Stoffel Vandoorne 40/1
Nico Hulkenberg 150/1
Sergio Perez 300/1
Valtteri Bottas 300/1

the fact that Ferrari can regroup after such a disastrous season and be competitive with the same personnel will be a real surprise given Vettel is getting more angrier every race

14-1 for Vettel is too generous maybe 25-1 would be better

I was surprised to see our Run away winner Riccardio at 9/2 & the outsider of current big 4, but who knows maybe thats the brazilian gp & how Verstappen did show him up.

I would have a punt on vettel at 14/1 but ferrari reminds of Sheffield United last 4 yrs, Both are most well known, both have got the most money, going through managers like no tomorrow, both have managed to fail massively & cock it up last 4yrs

Last edited:
According to Reigning World Champion, Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton, the Silver Arrows will still be F1’s benchmark next year - despite the impending shift to a more aerodynamic formula. Time will tell!

you wouldve thought Lewis wouldve been in F1 long enough to know underestimate Adrien Newey at your peril. i think we could have our 1st serious inter team championship battle for 1st time since 2009 after 4 years of vettel domination & 3 years of mercedes domination

Latest odds from Betfair:

L Hamilton 13/8
M Verstappen 3/1
N Rosberg 10/3
D Ricciardo 7/2
S Vettel 12/1
F Alonso 20/1
K Raikkonen 33/1
S Vandoorme 40/1
N Hulkenberg 125/1
V Bottas 250/1
K Magnussen 250/1