Where would you hold a Street Race?

Rome - around the Trevi fountain area and also it'd make a great romantic weekend away to tie in with the GP ;).

Athens - in an area where you can get a good view of all the famous landmarks.

Also Lisbon aswell because it's a lovely city and i'd love to see a race held their.

Also Lisbon aswell because it's a lovely city and i'd love to see a race held their.

Portugese GP in 1959 at Monstanto Park, in the heart of Lisbon won by Sir Stirling.

Personally I think that a race round Bern would be great. Elevations, historic buildings, unrivalled scenery, and in the centre of Europe. One problem. Motor racing is illegal in Switzerland (Killing the great circuit Bremagrten in 1955) >:(

I wonder what the racist* locals of my place of birth, Dewsbury, would make of F1 (and of course of Lewis Hamilton). I reckon some teenage prick in a crappy hatchback with part of a wheelie-bin for an exhaust would slide onto the back of the grid (and might even have a good battle with Karthikeyan at the back).

*Some rumours are circulating that there may be one or two people that are 'unsure' about racism living in Dewsbury

I'd love to see the Birmingham Superprix revived. F1 cars actually ran through the streets of Birmingham in the late 60's, the 70's and early 80's at a festival speed style event aimed at promoting Birmingham as a venue for a street race. Alan Jones actually drove his world chapmionship Williams around part of the city centre.

Portugese GP in 1959 at Monstanto Park, in the heart of Lisbon won by Sir Stirling.

Personally I think that a race round Bern would be great. Elevations, historic buildings, unrivalled scenery, and in the centre of Europe. One problem. Motor racing is illegal in Switzerland (Killing the great circuit Bremagrten in 1955) >:(
You'd have thought they'd have chilled out about the Le Mans disaster by now LOL

Back
Top Bottom