What do you miss from the old days?

Old Hockenheim
Tyre Wars
Teams being able to chose their own strategies i.e. not having to use both tyre compound and also choosing fuel load
Sparks from titanium skid plates
The red and white Marlboro McLarens and the Blue and white Rothmans Williams
And finally, believe it or not, James Allen. Has to be better than Coulthard? I mean 'Vi-tell'? Kay Ell instead of Kuala Lumpur? White jeans?ROFL

The above...& James Hunt & Barry Sheene........working for Players Cigs & ...being young!

I'm too old to remember the old days properly and, when I try, I get all the facts wrong and names all mixed up.
When I was younger, which I think was back in the old days, it was all so much simpler and things had simple names.

We'd never have put up with F-Duct, DRS or KERS in the old days, they'd have just been banned for sounding stupid.
Ah, that reminds me, ...... oh no, it's gone again.:sleeping:

Now, what was the question?
I'll just press that 'post reply' button to get rid of this box, then I can pop to the top of the page and have another look.

Races where the drivers got into the cars and then raced until they ran out of laps or time. Pit stops meant that there was a problem.
Cars which didn't have wings.
Private entrants, people like Bira who raced because they loved it even though they didn't have a team.
Drivers racing in multiple different types of racing, F1, F2, sports car and saloon car all in one weekend.
Great tracks which very often were not even designed but run on public roads.

What I would never want back would be the lack of safety rules, too many dead drivers.

Let's see:
I miss qualifying cars
I miss Juan Pablo Montoya
I somewhat miss Ralf getting mocked by F1 fans with his performances (but absolute miss seeing his wife... mmmm)
I miss the Arrows team livery (absolutely awesome colour livery!)
I miss F1 being the innovators of many automotive advancements
I miss F1 passing in races
I miss Kimi Raikkonen's 'amazing' interview skills

Races where the drivers got into the cars and then raced until they ran out of laps or time. Pit stops meant that there was a problem.
Cars which didn't have wings.Private entrants, people like Bira who raced because they loved it even though they didn't have a team.
Drivers racing in multiple different types of racing, F1, F2, sports car and saloon car all in one weekend.
Great tracks which very often were not even designed but run on public roads.

What I would never want back would be the lack of safety rules, too many dead drivers.

If I could "like" this twice I would... :):thumbsup:

Manual gearboxes.
Putting a rival under pressure, pushing him into a mistake and getting past when your rival misses a gear change due to the pressure exerted on him....remember that?

Now can someone explain the difference between manual and manual sequential?

I can probably think of many things that go here, but the first that come out are these:
- Gravel traps which leave drivers spinning their rear tyres in an attempt to return to the race (as opposed to tarmac runoff)
- Massive crashes on Raidillon in practice (e.g. J. Villeneuve)
- Starts without a safety car in wet conditions

Back
Top Bottom