Notice Wanted PQR Thread Writers for the 2019 Season.

It's starts with the French national anthem. Are you trying to make some coded dig at the EU? ;) ;) ;)

Back on topic. I gave my Austria PQR to BradMan but not seen him around lately. If he has gone I'm happy to do it unless someone else wants a pop. I have actually been to Austria. I was 13 and went to Vienna for 3 days. There were no Grand Prix related anecdotes - lots of singing nuns though.

Vienna is one of my favourite cities on earth. Beautiful, fantastically friendly, great food, lovely wine.

My apologies Ruslan, I completely misunderstood the question.

Well, it is a very nice town. I have been up there for Grand Prixes and hockey. A very different feel from a lot of cities in North America. Lively music scene, nice collection of restaurants, interesting stores, I gather a vibrant art scene, etc. Definitely a place worth going to.

Last edited:
“Shaduppa you face”!
Answers on a postcard, please.

That would be Joe Dolce's Music Factory which kept Ultravox's Vienna off the top of the charts. Everyone remembers that song however, there were two songs at number one while Vienna was at number 2 The other was John Lennon who went to number one after he'd been murdered in New York.

Why do people suddenly buy someone's music more when they die? The same thing happened with people like Elvis and Michael Jackson as I recall. I never did understand that mentality.

When someone dies their music is played more because they are in the news and that leads to people buying it. That's my take anyway.

You are probably both right. I would just feel odd buying something like that after someone dies. If I didn't like it enough to buy it when they were alive I can't suddenly change my mind once they've gone.

I never bought an album by John Lennon before or after his death. I have been given one, it was filed away and has never been played.

You are probably both right. I would just feel odd buying something like that after someone dies. If I didn't like it enough to buy it when they were alive I can't suddenly change my mind once they've gone.

ill admit im part of this. i did this with tom petty but in my defence i hadnt heard his stuff before. the morning after his passing. i was listening to chris moyles like i always do & he started playing some of his songs. i thought i like this & so bought them off iTunes

ill admit im part of this. i did this with tom petty but in my defence i hadnt heard his stuff before. the morning after his passing. i was listening to chris moyles like i always do & he started playing some of his songs. i thought i like this & so bought them off iTunes

That is totally understandable F1Brits_90. Shame you found him so late.

Back
Top Bottom