Vettel's ever changing Helmet designs

landogeorgelewis1

Champion Elect
Is anyone else starting to really get annoyed with Vettel's ever changing Helmet designs? He seems to turn up to every grand prix with a new design. I wish drivers would keep the same helmet designs throughout the season, Monaco been the exception seen as it's a special racing venue.

Or am I just too stuck in my ways?

Just read that he gave one of his helmets as a gift to Rubens Barrichello, as Rubens seems to be collecting helmets from other drivers.
But yeah, as his finger, and his "that's what I'm talking about" it is very annoying

Edit: Here it is
http://yfrog.com/ods0ddj

I was thinking maybe it's a slighty camp expression of fashion, never wanting to wear the same outfit twice. I did hear that they are been auctioned for charity but I've never seen anything in writing.

He "retires" a helmet design he wins a race in. Not sure what happens to the old ones but a good bit of publicity for the helmet manufacturer as people are talking about it ;)

Isn't it the case that any race he wins, he "retires" the helmet?

An expensive and slightly odd custom, but I'm sure he can afford it.

Edit: Too late...

To be honest I don't mind it, I read that he changes it for every race and gets it designed according to the country the race is in.

It's an affectation, but no doubt he's thinking of the future.

Those helmets will fetch a fortune at auction once he's retired.

For me, the helmet design is the only feature to distinguish a driver from his team mate. You can't see the car number can you...? For this reason, for all the casual fans watching, especially for the children that are learning the sport, I think drivers should stick to one design.

Imagine if they all changed their colour every race. Imagine other sports players / teams doing the same. Wouldn't work would it? That's why I dont think Seb should, although becaise he is two time and current wdc, then maybe he cam do what he wants...

It's an affectation, but no doubt he's thinking of the future.

Those helmets will fetch a fortune at auction once he's retired.

Do you think he'll really need the money for his retirement? I think he'll prob just about manage without it on his current wage - As long as he gets his winter fuel allowance I spose :)

Do you think he'll really need the money for his retirement? I think he'll prob just about manage without it on his current wage - As long as he gets his winter fuel allowance I spose :)
If he were to use all the proceeds for charity, then great.

I have no problem with the ever changing designs ofr Helmets, and Vettel isn't the only culprit, altough the worst.
With Helmets so difficult to see with the high Headrests, and all the information from modern technology and TV. It just isn't needed nowadays to Tell one driver from another.

Its a chance to be arty i suppose, and if there would be more original creative designs it would be fanastic. Infact i loved the "glitterball" helmet Vettel used at Singapore last year. It was something a bit differnt.

There have been competitions to design a helmet for him on the Arai website (as there have been for other drivers in the past). Wonder if we get him to wear a Clip the Apex deisgn for one race LOL

Slightly off topic but who are the other helmet manufacturers in F1? Arai supply about half the grid:

Formula 1 riders wearing Arai in the 2011 season:
Sebastian Vettel
Mark Webber
Lewis Hamilton
Jenson Button
Kamui Kobayashi
Rubens Barrichello
Jaime Alguersuari
Adrian Sutil
Paul di Resta
Heikki Kovalainen
Timo Glock
Narain Karthikeyan

http://www.araihelmet-europe.com/20...met-brand-among-f1-drivers-and-motogp-riders/

Back
Top Bottom