The Olympics 2012

I'm bloody glad that Dwain Chambers did well.....nobody is perfect...nobody gets it right all the time...he just shows, that ok ..I did wrong, but we only have one life....gimme another chance....I've served my time for erring.....Good on him for lifting his head & giving it a go....

An interesting review of all the Olympics since 1896: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/medals/olympic-powers

1896 : No women are allowed to take part. The organisers describe their inclusion as "impractical, uninteresting, and incorrect".

1900 : Due to lack of competitors some events are attended by teams of mixed genders and nationalities.

1904 : Fred Lorz tries to cheat in the marathon by driving most of the distance in a car. He is disqualified.

1908 : Britain wins largest share of medals including 56 gold.

1912 : A wrestling bout between Estonia's Martin Klein and Finland's Alfred Asikainen lasts 11 hours and 40 minutes. Klein wins.

1924 : Originally planned for Amsterdam, the Games are moved to Paris as Baron de Coubertin wants to see them in his homeland one last time before retiring.

Sadly it looks like that's when the corruption started as de Coubertin was the founder of the IOC.

Another gold medal and world record for the women in the team pursuit.

Two world records in the space of a few hours - incredible!

Ennis might be in with a shout of getting more than 7,000 points in the heptathlon later too. Another big day for Great Britain!

I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the sport.
It's great to watch people who are so talented, skilled, fit and dedicated.

Makes me wish I'd had the same opportunities when I was younger (I represented the county and Air Force in various events but being a lowly worker bee I could never get the time off to train for big meets).

Back
Top Bottom