The Olympics 2012

It's all over now, the GB team didn't get the help needed to chase down the front group. 1st anti-climax of the actual games.

What a dreadful mistake by the Colombian - he completely missed the fact the other guy had broken away on the other side of him.

That's what you get for not cycling your own race and constantly looking over your shoulder.

Who is this commentator? He did not have a clue about anything. I never watch cycling and I knew more!

And the excuses have already started for Cavendish; tough TdF, terrible crash, etc.

Just face facts, he was beaten fair and square.

Sorry to be spamming this thread with random posts but live right now on channel 18 is womens handball between Sweden and Denmark. Plenty of tall blondes.

I've not quite worked out what role the goalkeeper does. Apart from the odd penalty the only thing they seem to do is pick the ball out of the back of the net. Fascinating game though.

The British team as a whole have really cocked this up.
Wouldn't call it cocking it up. It's just not possible to control a 250 km race with just 4 riders. And they didn't get much help, because no-one really wanted to sprint against Cavendish.
As Brogan said, beaten fair and square.

Sigh...all I keep reading is: "GB knocked out of <insert sport>"

Never mind medals, we can't even progress past the first round in most cases.

Brogan - It is more likely to happen this time. Britain, as hosts, has entered every sport as a host nation, thus there are plenty of sub-standard British teams (volleyball, handball, basketball etc.) who wouldn't be near qualification who have entered to be summarily dispatched by the élite teams they are competing against.

Back
Top Bottom