Music The Music Thread

Which ones?

If you mean The Safety Dance, I won't have a bad word said about that song.

Oh believe me, my music taste is so vast that I'm sure I can find worse than that. :D

Talking of electro pop, this is one of my favourite tracks...

Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence

A couple of other tracks, which you may say are not strictly speaking, electro... OK, not in the slightest bit electro! :D

Vapors - Turning Japanese Careful with that Samurai Sword! Is that a Polaroid photo he's carrying...?! (Don't know why yoochoob call them THE Vapors, as THE isn't in their official name... :rolleyes: )

The Beat - Mirror in the Bathroom (Is there a foreign beat...? )

3 more classic tracks there.

It's always amusing to watch Dave Gahain's decent from young pop idol on "Just can't get enough" into Heroin addicted freak by the late 80's.

Vapors were managed for a while by Bruce Foxton of the Jam.

By posting a Ska classic that's reminded me of another whole load of songs to post.

Meanwhile, heres another one for Jez and his love of crazy videos ;)

True Faith

I :censored: hate that Lady GaGa video.

Up until I saw that I thought she was actually quite tallented in a kind of mid 70's Elton John kind of way. Listen to the song Speechless and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Then I watched that pile of :censored: and thought, nope she's just a nut job who thinks she's being clever by producing a 9 minute video which is infact one long advert. Watch it again and see how many companies you can spot. There are mobile phone brands, Dating agencies, Food companies. Even worse is that it's not even a good song, there are way better ones from that album.

Phew, Sorry. Just my thoughts on that one.

Personally I can't stand him her and the music isn't really to my taste but the video does have merit, even if as you say it's full of ad's.
No different to most movies these days.

No different to most movies these days

Yeah, Have you ever seen "The Island". The sacraficed a plot to squeeze a couple more products into the film. The only thing missing was those 118 guys, Howard from the Halifax and that Meerkat !!!

Still it has some effect on me, when I walk out of a film it makes me want to punch the nearest advertising agent.

I so wanted to see this guy (he's touring over here at the moment), but I was too slow and missed out on tickets.

In fact, I urge you to do a search on Candyrat on youtube and check out some of the stuff on there. there are some seriously talented musicians signed to that label!

I suppose any music thread is going to drift towards the Beatles but if we can avoid any actual Beatles songs I would be VERY, VERY grateful. However, I do like these little ditties from 2 of the Fab 4

What a shame Linda has something dripping out of her nose on the still shot LOL

Best skip this one then, FB. I think it's worth posting just for Prince's solo at the end. I had no idea he was this good an axe man. it's taken from one of the George Harrison tributes.

Great tracks from the post Fab 2 there FB. A lot of Macca's Wings work get's overlooked and Ringo wrote (with a little help from his friends ;) the odd good tune as well)

I remember as kid Julie Covington (anyone else remember the Rock Follies?) having a "hit" with this and then being astonished when I came across it on one of Alice's more bizarre albums - hang on, they were all bizarre :D

Anyway, it's a truly beautiful, sad song.

I know I've posted this on here before but it never fails to make me smile.

Please catagorise under "Shit Song - Great Video" in your collections. :D

Back
Top Bottom