Music The Music Thread

So I guess there's gonna be rows and rows of them?

There's about 12 of us camping together and we're planning to create a little bit of Yorkshire in the middle of Somerset.

I hope thats individual enough for us. I can see there being slightly more than one "Bearded Yorkie"

Yeah there could be a few of us bearded wonders!

As this is a music thread I can't really comment without adding a video so here's a Glastonbury legend who unfortunately won't be performing this year.

There's about 12 of us camping together and we're planning to create a little bit of Yorkshire in the middle of Somerset.

Yeah there could be a few of us bearded wonders!

As this is a music thread I can't really comment without adding a video so here's a Glastonbury legend who unfortunately won't be performing this year.

If it rains the ground will remind you of a Yorkshire Pudding mix...

Mr.Saxobeat!

First time I heard this song, I thought she was Rihanna when it was on the radio. Funny funky song!

But I think this will be one of those songs that starts of great, but everyone will love it, it will get overplayed, then you will just hate it! :)

Edit: Forgot to add that she is quite nice looking :embarrassed:

Everything's packed for Glasto.

Between the 5 of us squeezed into a Volvo estate we have:

3 tents, 2 airbeds (for the women!), 5 large rucksacks + sleeping bags, boots and wellies, 13 cases of beer, about 25 two litre bottles of spirit and mixer, a bag of pepperami's, enough tubes of pringles to refloat the titantic, various hats in differing shapes and sizes, 2 flags, a box of resolve, plenty of extra socks and a set of trolley wheels to carry it all on!

We will be setting off at midnight tonight so its time for a nap but I leave you with one final tune which will hopefully end our festival weekend in the early hours of Monday morning....

808 State: Pacific State.

I was looking through this thread (just now, funnily enough!) and I noticed that loads of the videos have been either removed by yoochoob or the account holder... :(

But, a couple of videos posted are still there, namely on post 177 >> http://cliptheapex.com/threads/the-music-thread.1201/page-9#post-17149
The two vids on that post are by Hawkwind. Fantastic they are and no mistake!

Like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=092aE9HuAUA
Sorry, not allowed to embed this track. :disappointed:

It was whilst looking at Hawkwind tracks, that I stumbled across Ozric Tentacles! Talk about bringing back memories of my misspent immensely enjoyable time in the 1990's! Ofcourse, it would be far too easy to categorise the 1990's as a drug fuelled utopia... wouldn't it... :whistle:

Huh-em.. :unsure:

Anyway, here are a couple of Ozric tracks. :)

This one has some amazing pics of crop circles, as well as some pretty pics of space.

And...

I remember a fantastic gig at Brixton Acadamy in the 1990's, involving such luminaries as Ozric Tentacles, The Orb and Orbital. There were more artists involved, but for some reason I can't remember who. Catching the tube back to Paddington Station was an experience in itself, not to mention the train journey back to Bristol. Ahh, them were the days... :)

As a child of the mid-nineties, the music of my time is absolutely horrendous. As I imagine all the good stuff has been taken in the previous 21 pages. Here's the worst I could think of:

It even got to No. 1! Shocking.

Here are some better ones I could think of:

This, as a four-year old child made me weep for around 1/2 hour uncontrollably (I'm not sure why though)

I currently live around the corner from one of them, so it would be wrong not to include the Kaiser Chiefs:

I really couldn't resist!

Bit weird and wacky, but there you go!

Back
Top Bottom