Music The Music Thread

What innuendo? I'm sure Grizzly was serious.

My tastes in music are like my tastes in Motorsport. I enjoy anything at all that gives me pleasure...

Two of the finest songstresses in the last 50 years and so many memories - must stop doing this it makes me cry :heart:

Bonham is my favorite ever drummer. The top comment on youtube is "Bonham died because God wanted drum lessons"

Grizzly, that’s what we all need to see........outstanding work my man :thumbsup:

Just off to find some Keith 'The Loon' Moon and a bit of Ginger Baker for good measures.

true, although there are world famous bands with fairly ropey singers but i cannot think of one with a bad drummer. it took me 20 years of looking to get both at the same time!

The true heart in any great band can be found sitting down with a pair of sticks in his / her????? hands

please explain Ringo to me then. My fave Lennon quote is when he was asked if Ringo Starr was the greatest drummer in the world he replied that he wasn't even the greatest drummer in The Beatles!

Music is my equal love with F1 so thought I'd get involved - my fave bands change with the weather but I'm always partial to a bit of Brian Jonestown Massacre.

Currently on my stereo are the new albums by The Travelling Band, Caribou, Noah and The Whale and Radiohead - also been re-visiting the Bluetones for some reason and also had that blooming Kesha song stuck in my head!

please explain Ringo to me then. My fave Lennon quote is when he was asked if Ringo Starr was the greatest drummer in the world he replied that he wasn't even the greatest drummer in The Beatles!

Curse you Rasputin, you've just destroyed my statement in one clean move.

In all seriousness, Ringo was at best an average drummer, but Sir George Martin has always maintained that the Beatles sound amongst all the other amazing attributes of John, Paul & George was reliant on his unique style. He also balanced out all the clashing ego's and added a certain humility to the band, so perhaps my initial comment wasn't so far off the mark.

Back
Top Bottom