Music The Music Thread

Two of the acts featured on this very page will be headlining at Glastonbury this year. U2 I've seen before and the music will be fine up until Bono starts lecturing the audience about the benefits of geo-thermal heating or whatever his latest Eco-fetish is. The other band I'm looking forward to seeing are the Chemical Brothers. I've not seen them live before but I have been told they are nothing short of spectacular! I shall try get some video of the action but don't expect much from my camera work after a heavy weekend of festival fun.

One of the saddest pieces I regularly listen to but there's something very comforting about it as well. From one of my favourite composers, Joe Hisaishi. Amazing film by the way, you should check it out. :)

Ralph McTell (I can't remember if this has been posted previously in this thread and I can't be arsed to look!)

The first protest singer that I was aware of, mainly down to my Uncle. My Uncle is/was a big folk music fan, not only listening but he also plays a fair bit too. I then, through other influences, became a big "Fairport Convention" fan. After attending Fairport's "Cropredy Festival", in Cropredy Oxfordshire, (funnily enough!), and discovering that Ralph was a song writer that penned a few songs for a number of artists, I became aware of Ralph's music other than his 'big' hit...

But anyway, this is a yoochoob video of "Streets of London", which also has footage
of Ralph recently, giving an interview, near the end of the video. :)

Back
Top Bottom