Pre-Season The 2021 Season...

Singapore GP has bitten the dust
The Singapore Grand Prix will not take place for the second successive year, it is understood.

F1 have not officially announced the cancellation of the October 1-3 event and declined to comment directly about the night race, but Sky Sports understands that the night-time event has been shelved for 2021.

F1 are believed to have multiple options to replace the street event, including Turkey, China and a second race in the USA.

China was postponed from its original slot of April, while a race in Turkey was briefly added to replace Canada this month before the Istanbul Park event was itself pulled from the schedule due to travel restrictions.

With the current tyre issues? Not a good idea.
you make a good point after Baku, i think we just about have been forgiven for 2005.

but i think judging by indycar & Moto GP, i believe that corner has been bypassed
temp 1.jpg

Last edited:
I thought the discussion was a second race at CotA? There is, of course, always some big car parks in Las Vegas to put a race track in.

I thought the discussion was a second race at CotA? There is, of course, always some big car parks in Las Vegas to put a race track in.
it was according to a Sky sports F1 bit, as craig slater was saying they are looking at options, dont want to double up if they can help it Ie bahrain GP/Outer & indianapolis is the only track with the relevant license

The Indy F1 circuit is such a naff track with the only supposed selling point being the one banked corner of the raceway.

Obviously, between that corner and Michelin it contributed to the most notorious farce in F1 history.

F1 has never been helped with its image in the US by racing at a series of dull tracks. Austin being a notable exception.

Unfortunately the only other FIA grade 1 circuit in the US besides Indy and Texas, is in Miami and that won't be available until 2022.

I was relieved they were not racing at COTA but seeing Texas is Republican territory the reception may not be as welcoming this time round

Last year with BLM Hamilton was willing to do the whole knee thing and Donald Trump would have used the race as a PR exercise that even Hamilton has to respect him.

I feel that F1 especially Hamilton may get a more hostile reaction this time round because the state supports Trump

I'm pretty certain 99% of Trump supporters don't know who Lewis Hamilton is. Plus, if the Texas F1 fans had those sort of prejudices then I pretty sure Hamilton might have had that reaction from them before, ya know, with him actually being black and all.

I'm pretty certain 99% of Trump supporters don't know who Lewis Hamilton is. Plus, if the Texas F1 fans had those sort of prejudices then I pretty sure Hamilton might have had that reaction from them before, ya know, with him actually being black and all.
Agree with this. Plus the tickets are super expensive. These are not your average country boys attending the race. A General Admission Ground Pass (bring a blanket, no seat provided) is $239 per person. Main Grandstand starts at $655.

We will find out when they go there? Things have changed since the US election Trump has got a lot more followers now ...the US has never been more divided than now

We will find out when they go there? Things have changed since the US election Trump has got a lot more followers now ...the US has never been more divided than now
is it ok to say they are divided between normal people & nutjobs

anyone who thinks Donald Trump talks sense & is a supporter. is a person who has taken complete leave of their senses

Last edited:
is it ok to say they are divided between normal people & nutjobs

anyone who thinks Donald Trump talks sense & is a supporter. is a person who has taken complete leave of their senses
I could not agree more with you but he has deliberately divided and created antagonism across the country. Taking the knee is now seen as some sort of political movement some of the US sports are now getting hostile receptions now it

Lewis hopefully is prepared for it

I could not agree more with you but he has deliberately divided and created antagonism across the country. Taking the knee is now seen as some sort of political movement some of the US sports are now getting hostile receptions now it

Lewis hopefully is prepared for it
well it doesnt surprise me because the election is proof that the americans love a conspriacy theory & that truth isnt important

but it all comes back to donald trump he attacked colin kapernick & if he had just left him alone then none of this wouldve happened

I will happily say that if Lewis takes the knee the reception he will get may n9t be as friendly and warming from the crowd like he has received before at the COTA.

Especially as people seem to think taking the knee is seen as a political gesture

Back
Top Bottom