Pre-Season The 2021 Season...

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Three things I've come across on the 2021 season in recent days.

Contract negotiations between Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes Benz haven't yet concluded so Lewis is officially unemployed - 4 Demands of Lewis Hamilton That Leave Him Still Unemployed

Australia is unlikely to happen - Australian GP to be postponed, says Stroll | F1 News by PlanetF1

China are looking to postpone their race as they're worried that Coronavirus might infect their country (you couldn't make it up) - F1 news: Chinese GP promoter seeking 2021 race postponement

got to say im starting to believe we could very well see russell next season & unbelievably Hamilton will price himself out of the market, which would be the biggest shock in my time of F1. would be like ferrari making Schumacher unemployed in 2004. its the reason i put the 2021 odds on last week. about George Russell being 33/1. better price than sainz in a Ferrari. ive said a number of times this should be the easiest deal in history Mercedes have the fastest car & Hamilton is the 4 time reigning champion & according to us the best driver on the grid 4 years in a row as well. so for negotiations to go on so long that he's effectively unemployed. they are things behind the scenes. as 1 of my friends said that i forgot. they got to finalise the car soon in 5 weeks that car will be in Bahrain testing & they dont know for certain how big to make the footwell of the car is going to be are fitting 5ft 7 or 6ft 1 guy

on the start of the season i think that liberty media will fully expected this as ross brawn? said world wont change much in 4 months & will have contingencies way back in august. there were rumours talking about Australia being in November

I think that Hamilton will be racing for Mercedes in 2021, and I think he will win the Championship again. In fact it’s stopped being boring, and it’s now a case of what can this guy achieve.

The schedule of the season has already changed and it’s only the 2nd week of January.
2E7D9AB4-68D5-422A-9D36-E4F298264849.jpeg

round 3 looking extremely likely to be portimao. & i also dont fancy our chances of going to brazil as well, only a few days ago they had 1,500 daily deaths & their vaccinations might not start until april at the earliest

Last edited:
Contract negotiations between Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes Benz haven't yet concluded so Lewis is officially unemployed - 4 Demands of Lewis Hamilton That Leave Him Still Unemployed
Surely those demands are speculation? If true then its basically a contrived resignation. But why he would do that when still on top of his game, has more money than he will ever spend, in the best car and one title away from history is truly perplexing. Should be the easiset deal in F1.

Last edited:
Brinksmanship - see who caves first, or Lewis feels like he knows his value. Both sides need to make it clear that they are happy to leave the negotiating table if required, then it becomes about who blinks first. I still think he will sign, and I still think Mercedes want to sign him, and this is all positioning, his demands I do not think will be met, but he will still get a package which reflects his value.

this is severe brinksmanship, i would assume that mercedes have got 6 weeks until they shakedown the car as usual at silverstone. because bahrain test starts on the 12th march. they'll probally have go with 10 days before with the freight, so thats march 2nd, they often shakedown like in 2020 5 days before then 25th febuary.

so your probally talking 5 weeks to sort this contract out & then theyve got to build this car if its need for russell.

i dont mean this is in a bad way but hamilton should take what mercedes are offering. because ive said before whats more important, 50m a season 4 yr deal & likely watching the australian gp on swiss version of BBC. or a 8th world title & century of wins/poles

Last edited:
If Hamilton has done any sponsorship appearances for Mercedes then he still works for them, not all contracts actually expire at the end of the season or year, extensions always exist until the first race of the next season then it can still be on a race by race contract, I suppose if the teams have to state their drivers then lets see who Mercedes nominate for the season.

The world has changed for ever
Indeed it has. I don't know how long it takes for a pandemic of this nature to recede to background levels, or even if this one will, with mutations and vaccines, and those unwilling to take them (hopefully in small enough numbers to impact), but the landscape has changed, and in many ways, the political background that has been prevalent during this event has led to an even more polarised world, which has repercussions beyond the timeline of the virus.

the world changed after 9/11 & we've adjusted to that
We adjusted to something that happened in another country. This time you will have to adjust to something that lives in your wold, your back garden, in fact everywhere you go, and you can’t even see it.
Slightly different, don’t you think.

We adjusted to something that happened in another country. This time you will have to adjust to something that lives in your wold, your back garden, in fact everywhere you go, and you can’t even see it.
Slightly different, don’t you think.
but it began in america, but effect werent in another country they were felt all over the world. as the security was ramped up everywhere now, everyone is on guard. you cant go on any flight, or go to any major sporting or musical event without being scanned & or searched

For me, the only interest that the upcoming season holds is to see if Alonso (the legend) can finish higher (or even as high as) Ricciardo did in 2020.

Back
Top Bottom