Pre-Season The 2021 Season...

If a veto was good enough for Prost to stop Senna in 1993
but you understand why prost wouldnt want senna again. 18 months after going to Ferrari because of that tumultuous saga

senna wasnt in the best car at the time & the one that had would every championship for 7 years

I don't think he would veto Russell. I do think he would veto Max. My sense is he wants 2 things:
1) Control over his succession planning. Michael also played a role in selecting Massa as his successor.
2) Positive team dynamics which are conducive to success. i.e. Avoiding a Rosberg situation. It is not inconceivable that Ferrari could have won the 2018 drivers championship if Rosberg has been on board.

thats a good point it could be succession & i agree with positive dynamics but i think ferrari & mostly Vettel implosion 2nd half of 2018. wouldve meant that Mercedes wouldve still won as vettels form dropped off a cliff to even being comfortably beaten by kimi

but there are some good points above (& i always say this mercedes arent at fault. theyve done brilliantly & its up to the others to catch up not them to drop) but maybe Mercedes + vettel in 2013 are why the veto has gone so massive. is that whisper it but we are about to go in to our 9th season since we had anything like multiple teams fighting for a win over a full season. which was 2012.

there is a desperation for a battle at the front. we saw that in Monza when everyone was over the moon that mercedes cocked up as we had excitement for the 1st time in ages & there was someone new at the front. when you see a "veto" you think Vettel v Kimi, Hamilton v Bottas & oh God not another Tedious year. where Hamilton will be incredible & have the title won by July like 2019

but P1 must be correct its for max because for 2022 if Russell is overlooked or blocked then Russell will be off because it would huge waste of talent to be stuck fighting for a point

F1Brits_90 if the veto is for Verstappen then Lewis Hamilton has effectively scuppered his chances of winning a World Championship.Not only is Hamilton beating him on the track he’s also beaten him of the track with his veto. It would also mean that Verstappen would then have to win with Red Bull, which in turn adds more pressure on Horner and Marko to deliver.

Lol, apparently it is being referred to as the 'Verstappen clause'.

I'll laugh if when he inevitably get asked if he's gotten a veto on Verstappen becasue he's afraid he'll beat him he just says "nah, he's just not the sort of person I want to have to work with"

As I said a while back, Hamilton would be Bottas's best friend this coming season because it was clear that Hamilton would be best placed with Bottas as his team mate.

Hamilton is entering the late phase of his F1 career and, while he still has the ability, he probably doesn't have as much capacity to take on a hard charging younger driver.

I find it hard to believe that Mercedes would want to put Verstappen in the second car for 2021 anyway. I couldn't see the dynamics working at all.

As for the 2nd year option, that's a strange risk given the massive technical regulations overhaul for 2022. It's difficult to imagine there will be enough car performance data on the 2022 Merc to know whether they will be front runners or which team, if any, he'd be better placed to move to.

Given the new regs include budget cap and Mercedes are trying to reduce their own spend in F1 then if someone like Verstappen came along he would be demanding $30m a year and want more than Hamilton as well to ptove he is No 1.

Would Hamilton veto Vettel or Alonso as teammate?

Given the new regs include budget cap and Mercedes are trying to reduce their own spend in F1 then if someone like Verstappen came along he would be demanding $30m a year and want more than Hamilton as well to ptove he is No 1.

Would Hamilton veto Vettel or Alonso as teammate?
5F36064E-1CB4-4C59-84B5-57198E086EA6.png

Attachments

• 5252F714-9445-4D89-9F26-ED107D05715C.png
    5252F714-9445-4D89-9F26-ED107D05715C.png
    764.5 KB · Views: 73
It sound too good to be true that Hamilton would veto a teammate given his track record against teammates

Clearly people fed up with the delay and stirring💩

It sound too good to be true that Hamilton would veto a teammate given his track record against teammates

Clearly people fed up with the delay and stirring💩
im surprised Damon Hill got taken in by it, he knows paddock better than us & has more contacts to back this information up, as we know skyf1 sometimes even during the race have contacts in the team garages to anonymously get inside information. im sure i remember Brundle talking about a driver that he knews was leaving F1 months before he was allowed to publicly admit his knowledge

i said at the time, it was why i was shocked because this it seemed so out of character, for his whole career he has been fearless it has been say what you like but i will defeat you, even taking on alonso in 2007 & Button 2010 - 12

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom