Football The 2012/13 Season

Here are the kits so far:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/English_Football_League/season/2012-2013/premier-league.html

My impressions so far:

ARSENAL: Home Blue? On an Arsenal shirt? No. Wrong!
Away What drugs was the designer of this thing on?

ASTON VILLA: Home Shorts are daft but all in all, quite nice!
Away At least its novel

CHELSEA: Home I do love a good use of gold in a football kit!
Away Nicest Chelsea away kit for a while, but it deserves a better compliment than that!

EVERTON: Home Very nice, very Everton!
Away Well, its black! Nowt wrong with it!

FULHAM: Home I like it, and the return of black shorts is good too!
Away Did someone forget to mention how out-of-place those shorts are?

LIVERPOOL: Home Pretty much perfect
Away At least the trim won't stand out too much, because it looks pretty ridiculous.
Third Interesting. Very very interesting. Looks a beaut.

MAN C: Home Not sure the black belongs, if that were dark blue...
Away I LOVE it!

MAN U: Home Someone needs to be punished for crimes against football kittery.

NEWCASTLE: Home Its traditional, so good, in other words!
Away Its quite nice, isn't it?

NORWICH: Home There is just nothing to say, which frankly is a good thing.

QPR: Home Looks like the hoops have been thrown on in blue gaffer tape as an afterthought, and is horrible.
Away Nice kit for Middlesbrough. A good away kit for QPR too!
Third So you wear white and blue hoops? What clashes with both of those colours...? Presumably for Stoke and Sunderland.

READING: Home I don't get the red stripe, but fine otherwise.
Away A yellow away kit always hits the spot.

SOUTHAMPTON: Home I cannot believe they think that is a Southampton home kit...
Away Wrong because it justifies the ludicrous choice of home kit...

STOKE: Home Yep! Its a Stoke home kit! Thumbs up from here.
Away Either a historical recreation or a self-parody Barcelona impression. Nice enough, although leaves the question what they'll do when their opponent wears red.

SUNDERLAND: Away I like it. I really like it!

SWANSEA: Home Two words spring to mind. "Real" and "Madrid". But lovely all the same.
Away Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau Yn Annwyl I Mi...

TOTTENHAM: Home Hmmm... not sure about the grey trim
Away A navy Spurs away kit is always nice.

WEST BROM: Home I think the emphasis should be on white rather than blue, personally, and I doubt their sponsor is happy!

WEST HAM: Home Claret socks? No! White, you fools! Otherwise, fine.
Away Not great, and doesn't really contrast with the first kit.

WIGAN: Home For a club thats come up with some monstrosities, nice to see them getting things right this time
Away Are the shadow polka-dots really necessary?

Bus Stop Chicane - I know, but I can't resist the Stoke/Barcelona comparison. Remember Barça would apparently struggle on a wet, windy night at the Britannia!

Admittedly, they might struggle to actually get to the stadium, thus forfeiting the game hopelessly driving up and down the A50 trying to find the turn off.

Bus Stop Chicane - I know, but I can't resist the Stoke/Barcelona comparison. Remember Barça would apparently struggle on a wet, windy night at the Britannia!

Admittedly, they might struggle to actually get to the stadium, thus forfeiting the game hopelessly driving up and down the A50 trying to find the turn off.

LOL Until Barcelona spectacularly only manage to finish 5th in La Liga with Stoke at the same time qualifying for the Europa League, and then they get drawn together in the same group, Barcelona travel to Stoke, it happens to be wet and windy, and Barcelona comfortably win 2 or 3-0, they'll never be remembered as "one of the greatest teams" ever I'm afraid.

Bus Stop Chicane - Yeah, you can see the threat to their legacy. :rolleyes:

CTA.png
Victory was achieved due to lack of Stoke.
I think it was Andy Gray who came up with the wet, windy night thing. He also specified Tuesday evening, so in addition to Barça needing to finish 5th in La Liga, Port Vale would need to get promoted to the Premier League (from League Two), finish ahead of Stoke as they both qualify for the Europa League, and be drawn at home at the same matchweek as the Potters, thus pushing the Stoke-Barça game to the Tuesday. Can't see anything far-fetched about that!​

Bus Stop Chicane - They're played on a Tuesday if and only if a team's city rivals who finished higher than them in the league are drawn to play at home on the same week.

So last year, when Man U had Athletic at home on Thursday, Citeh had to play Sporting on Tuesday.

It rarely happens though. 95% of the time it's a Thursday. The final is played on a Wednesday, although I'm sure Andy Gray will allow some room for manouver. But does it HAVE to be a Tuesday?:thinking:

Let's Remember Valencia went there last season and won.

Indeed.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but there is the slightest bit of credence in the ridiculous statement he made if you look at Arsenal, who play very attractive football against most teams but I don't think they've won at Stoke since Stoke were promoted 4 years ago. They struggle there big time. Granted their a bunch of bottlers half the time but its a point worth noting.

They did win in 2010 in the game with the Shawcross/Ramsey thing, but point taken. Still think the only thing likely to happen is a 3-0 or more win for Barça and world record possession stats. About 90%, me thinks.

Juventus really do need a new striker, been struggling ever since Ibrahimiovic left and Del Piero age-ing but not sure Van Persie fits the mould.

Back
Top Bottom