Suzuka at risk?

Latest from BBC live coverage.

Aftershocks have continued to shake Japan, days after the massive magnitude 9 earthquake that triggered a devastating tsunami on Friday. More than 20 have been larger than magnitude 6.0. The BBC News website has plotted the tremors on a map so you can see when and where they have struck.
Richter scale
6.0–6.9 Strong Can be destructive in areas up to about 160 kilometres (100 mi) across in populated areas.

MMS or Richter both scales use the same numbers.Just different way of calculating them.
Like "dustmen" are now "refuse disposal operatives". Dustmen they always will be.

Unfortunately there is always a group of priests somewhere who say its God punishing homosexuality or some other form of 'sin' :givemestrength:

So by "group of priests" you actually mean one outspoken idiot? Please remember that such people are not spokesmen for entire faiths or religious groups, or for that matter, God*. It's a shame we give them any attention...

EDIT: *except perhaps in their own heads!

So by "group of priests" you actually mean one outspoken idiot? Please remember that such people are not spokesmen for entire faiths or religious groups, or for that matter, God*. It's a shame we give them any attention...

EDIT: *except perhaps in their own heads!

Sad to say it, there is not usually one outspoken idiot, so much as a small minority of outspoken idiots. It is a shame we give them any attention, but it sells papers:

AMERICAN NUTTER PART OF SMALL MINORITY

Less sellable than:

EARTHQUAKE "GOD'S WRATH" FOR PEARL HARBOUR SAYS AMERICAN

Sadly, thats the world we live in!

Very true.

Also applies to the sensationalist and often just plain wrong reporting surrounding the Japanese nuclear reactor... You'd think thousands of people had died from radiation poisoning already from the way some are reporting it!

Now here's a peculiarity, the voice of reason from a Fox News pundit (Yes, really, someone on Fox News!).

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/glenn-beck/index.html

They programme goes on a bit but it's worth a watch if you have the time. Just to prove not all Americans are xenophobic nutters, which I think we all knew anyway - in the same way not all Frenchmen are arrognat, beret garlic munchers and not all Germans want to annex the Sudetenland. What a shame the nutters get all the headlines - David Icke anyone?

Sorry, I just can't bring myself to click on a link to Fox News.

I usually avoid the weird, right wing nonsense Fox News pumps out (especially with my left wing credentials) but this man actually made some sense when talking about the problems in Japan and the media hype about the potential problems caused by nuclear power stations. I'd avoid tonight's broadcast though as he's trying to defend gun ownership. UK and US attitude to gun ownership, never the twain...

I think this thread started at Formula One, but you know how it is, someone says something, someone replies to it and suddenly you're off the rails slagging off Fox News

Back
Top Bottom