Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I don't think Lewis had in mind spending early hours with the police and getting delayed back to the track where he was suppose to be concentrating on preparing for the race

it messed him in qualifying clearly

He didnt spend the early hours with the police. The incident happened just after 9pm and Lewis wasnt arrested or taken to a police station.

Simon Fuller is a waste of space period. All he will ever do is drag Lewis to some showbiz party which he does not really need to be at. Lewis is not Eddie Irvine who only cared about scoring women than winning on the track

Simon Fuller is a waste of space? That makes sense, lets scratch the side of that flash car because the owner must be a waste of space, must be a real loser, must have never ever worked hard at anything, must never have achieved anything, LOL

Difference is Anthony got into people's faces too much just to protect Lewis ..

Ok, so Anthony worked way too hard for his client/son LOL

What I meant as proper manager is to accompany him at the races and talk to him and help him deal with the pressures from outside the cockpit...and yeah deal with other teams for him about opportunities.

Ok, so someone like Anthony, but who doesn't try so hard, and who isn't as successful as Fuller? LOL

With Mansell he did win the Indycar title but really he could have won another world title seeing how Prost really struggled being a year out of F1 to stay ahead of Senna and Hill.

So Mansell who did eventually return to a top team, and fit his fat ass into a top car......and then quit halfway through a race was a loss to F1 but Lewis leaving would be his own loss, like Montoyas?

LOL

He didnt spend the early hours with the police. The incident happened just after 9pm and Lewis wasnt arrested or taken to a police station.

Hardly the ideal preparation for the race weekend when you've been spoken to by the police ..I don't think Lewis had a decent night's sleep then either before quali

Hardly the ideal preparation for the race weekend when you've been spoken to by the police ..I don't think Lewis had a decent night's sleep then either before quali

Let's forget that it was almost 2 years ago, let's also forget that he hasn't done it since, let's assume he anticipated that the police had an 'anti hooning' fetish and needed a celeb to throw the book at

In fact let's just proceed to the assumption that this minor incident marks Lewis for life and certifies all his detractors beliefs of his unique wickedness

I hardly think that Lewis was really that worried, but he would of had some concern, if he had been caught doing 144mph on a public road in Australia.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sport/motorsport/767712.stm
That still does not top the 163mph that Jean Alesi was suppose to have done after Monza 95 with his brother as the passenger. The police knew who he was and did not say anything else

or Senna getting caught in Britain for speeding and the policeman quoting " Who do you think you are ? Nigel Mansell ?"

-----------------

A calmer Lewis would not have been blasting his team over the radio then during the race and his problems started with some silly antics.

Senna getting caught in Britain for speeding and the policeman quoting " Who do you think you are ? Nigel Mansell ?"

Slightly OT, but I thought that it was Mansell who got caught for that, only he'd shaved his 'tache, so the copper was rather surprised when the answer came 'Actually, I am'

Slightly OT, but I thought that it was Mansell who got caught for that, only he'd shaved his 'tache, so the copper was rather surprised when the answer came 'Actually, I am'

It is also supposed to have happened years ago to Stirling Moss (before his knighthood). These days I suspect that they are all urban myths.

F1 driver drives fast off of circuit - WOW! I have a recollection of a journalist being driven home by Ayrton Senna in his F3 days (Ayrton wouldn't let anyone drive him). After the journey, in the chaps Renault 17, he had to sell the car as Senna had almost destroyed it.

Im not in the slightest interested in what friends lewis takes to the track next year. Im interested in watching his driving.

My point is what sort of friends... the ones who actually consider him a friend or the ones who are only "associates" who have nothing in common with him and all they will do is drag him to the next big party.

I would prefer to see Lewis the racing driver not Lewis the brand as he admitted he wanted to be when he fired his dad and looking for a new manager - sounds like a silly statement to make now

People like Rihanna and Will I am have no interest in F1 so whats the point bringing them to the tracks. Will I am even made a video of his time in the pitlane in Canada and put on Youtube teasing Lewis ...

Lewis does not need that

--------------------------------------------

You mean a different incident when a normal white collar was caught speeding and the police asked for his name and he said he was Nigel Mansell. The officer did not believe him and thought he was joking but he admitted he really is. Off course it was only when he produced documents afterwards to prove his name was Nigel Mansell. Yes it made tabloid news

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in a separate incident
Senna was caught speeding in Britain and the officer asked him who do you think you are ? Nigel Mansell ?

My point is what sort of friends... the ones who actually consider him a friend or the ones who are only "associates" who have nothing in common with him and all they will do is drag him to the next big party.

I would prefer to see Lewis the racing driver not Lewis the brand as he admitted he wanted to be when he fired his dad and looking for a new manager - sounds like a silly statement to make now

People like Rihanna and Will I am have no interest in F1 so whats the point bringing them to the tracks. Will I am even made a video of his time in the pitlane in Canada and put on Youtube teasing Lewis ...

Lewis does not need that

Not bothered about all that. Other drivers probably have famous friends, it goes with being famous. He chooses his own friends for his own reasons. I just want to watch him race.

Well I for one will be pleased to see Nicole in the pits again next year if this is true, but then I'm just a sad old man :embarrassed:

How to pose for fame...

PRN-0562862.jpg

Not bothered about all that. Other drivers probably have famous friends, it goes with being famous. He chooses his own friends for his own reasons. I just want to watch him race.

That not a problem if he wins all the time
but if Ron Dennis was in charge he would not been impressed a guest put a clip of the team on Youtube

People start questioning the people Lewis associates with that is affecting his job whether he is committed and whether his friends are embarrassing him.

Like I said I wonder which "friends" he will bring along? Are Rihanna and Will.i.am real friends or associates who will get LEwis free tickets to concerts and parties

Also you would wonder if they are in the garage all they are thinking about is the partying and distracting Lewis from what he is meant to do ...race !

Back
Top Bottom