Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Don't you love the British Tabloids?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...n-Ill-blow-Felipe-Massa-out-of-the-water.html

Of all the things to worry for Lewis Hamilton about I worry if this really is the first time he's thought of doing this like its reported.
Lewis didnt say anything about blowing Massa out of the water if you read the article, he said he's qualified out of position and shouldnt have been near him. But why even read the article. This is the sun. Reading age seven years old. I reckon thats an insult to primary school children.

Lewis didnt say anything about blowing Massa out of the water if you read the article, he said he's qualified out of position and shouldnt have been near him. But why even read the article. This is the sun. Reading age seven years old. I reckon thats an insult to primary school children.
Typical bloody tabloids! They are evil and must be destroyed! :givemestrength:
Oh, and honourable mention to the Daily Mail. Even more evil because they aren't a tabloid and spout utter nonsense anyway!

Rant over :D

I hear what Lewis is saying and I'm sure he'll address it for next season but just observing from the sidelines it seems that the new tyres have also played a big part this season and whoever is back in the garage aint gonna make them last longer for him. His poor pace at both Japan and India seemed rooted in the tyres. Absolutely baffling considering he was super fast in qualifying. Am I right in assuming tyre durability will improve next year to a bit more like Bridgestone ? I really do hope so.

What's changed with the tyres? He seemed to have no problems with the them in the first half of the season, if not most of the season.
I take your point but cetainly in the second half of the seaon he seems to have struggled with tyres. Off the top of my head it started in Hungary where he quickly build up a commanding lead only to see it wittled down at the end of the stints (before hie team dealt the fatal wong tyres blow), there was Singapore where he had to race hard to get past the Mercs and so was the first to pit abandoning his original two stopper and as I've already mentioned his poor pace in Japan and India. It seems in recent races Peirelli have gone with the softs for primes - obviously less durable. Dunno but like I said this is just my observations and to me he has struggled to get the most out of the tyres in the second half of the season for whatever reason..

The only two races where I have seen him struggle on pace have in been Japan and India, and it was mostly after Japan many kept saying about Hamilton that his problems for most of the season have came from the tyres.

Not sure I agree with that, but that's just my observation.

A very nice, honest and upbeat interview from Lewis:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96062
Yes nice to hear him sounding positive about next year. And nice to hear him refuting Whitmarsh's claim that he was affected by Button's strong performance. I mean what was Whitmarsh thinking saying that? a) its not true b) If it was true why would he broadcast it and potentially exasperate the problem?
Lewis speaks out about that more strongly in the Independant saying

"He made some comments which I disagree with. It's rubbish........................Jenson's doing a great job for the team. But thats not affecting the way I'm performing"

If you dont know the truth and cant say anything constructive best keep quiet Martin, I bet Lewis was seething. I would have been if I was him.

Back
Top Bottom