Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

The other one, was Silverstone (erm, I think 09 becuase the McLaren was a dog) and it was only for about 16th place, but it was Lewis and Alonso and it was Silverstone. The crowd went bolistic. Alonso got him back later in the lap but it was still sweet.

There was some serious squabbling going on with the tail-enders at Silverstone 2009. Incredibly, those backmarkers were Kubica, Alonso, Hamilton, and Heidfeld. Here's a few of those battles.

It was a complete ridiculous and absurd statement for Mansell to make regarding Hamilton when he said, " But what's the point of a championship when you only have 18 or 20 cars running? When I won the title, I beat 25 other cars, that makes Lewis's title 20% less credible than mine. "

I wonder if Mansell has the same feeling about Button's championship, because he also only raced against 20 cars in 2009, like Lewis when he won his championship.

I'll bet all the tea in China, that Mansell would never....never...make a comment like that regarding Jenson!
----------------------------

how about I bet all the tea in England he would given

This is the same Nigel Mansell who quoted that Jenson Button did not make the most of his opportunities when he had only won 1 race by 2007 and basically written off as being a world champion
so top that and he had to eat humble pie

After wading through this thread anyone would think that Lewis Hamilton is a broken shadow of a man languishing at the back of the grid, getting in the way, crashing into people and being a good all-round pariah in general.

Get some perspective. He's won races this year, is still mathematically capable of second place in the WDC and still has the backing and support from one of the best teams in F1.

Yes, he might be moping around a little of late, but he has just split with his long-term girlfriend and is obviously going through some personal issues. Crikey, who doesn't get down when their seemingly stable relationship goes wrong, for whatever reason?

The issue is that the media/some people here/the general public make them out to be much bigger and dramatic issues than they really are.

Some might even say finishing 5th in the WDC is a pretty decent result (if you really think about it), but that doesn't sell newspapers or gain airtime.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the same critics who wrote off Button as being more interested in going to parties and attacting model girlfriends and not being in the same league at Hamilton.

Some of these problems are self inflicted by Lewis himself... he was the one who decided he did not want his dad around as his manager and he is the one who signed up to Simon Fuller's management and he was the one who said he was not interested in joining a "Drinks company" in reference to Red Bull and was seen speaking to them a few races later for a drink !

The only thing I cannot fault him is girlfriend problems that happens to anyone and the timing is unfortunate for him given really he needs her around during trouble some times but then again his management team should be looking after his interests...they are BUT only on the financial side

Even EJ last week wants Anthony to be around Lewis and forgot Simon Fuller was around..(if he was ..he must be the invisible man or ghost.)

Okay Lewis the worst Lewis will finish is 5th equal to 2009 but his season will be more remembered for all the incidents rather than his brilliant wins which everyone ( including Lewis ) expected more often

Some say the critics are being picky to sell papers...well Vettel is glad then he's not British because then he would feel his achievements have been ignored. Is Button bothered that he is not getting the attention then ? No because he's learnt to deal with whats more important perform on the race track

Also the helmet colour, and the comments about wanting to match Senna's achievements, and comments about how he wishes he could have raced against him in particular.

It's widely thought Hamilton chose yellow for his helmet to copy his hero Senna, but that isnt the fact. The colour yellow was chosen by his father when he first began karting because it stood out, and Anthony could find where Lewis was more easily.

Hamilton clearly respects Senna hugely, above all others. When he won an award (autosport I think) and it was awarded by Senna's sister Vivienne, her words moved him close to tears. I cant see why lewis striving to emulate a guy he thought so highly of is a reason to knock him.

KekeThe King-great vids again. Thanks:ok:

It's widely thought Hamilton chose yellow for his helmet to copy his hero Senna, but that isnt the fact. The colour yellow was chosen by his father when he first began karting because it stood out, and Anthony could find where Lewis was more easily.

Hamilton clearly respects Senna hugely, above all others. When he won an award (autosport I think) and it was awarded by Senna's sister Vivienne, her words moved him close to tears. I cant see why lewis striving to emulate a guy he thought so highly of is a reason to knock him.

KekeThe King-great vids again. Thanks:ok:

I hate to say it, but if you believe that, you really are gullible... Why else would the helmet have the same blue and green ribbons? There's nothing wrong with copying a helmet (jean Alesi raced in Elio de Angelis' helmet colours), but it really is worth being honest about things rather than making up press-bites!

I hate to say it, but if you believe that, you really are gullible... Why else would the helmet have the same blue and green ribbons? There's nothing wrong with copying a helmet (jean Alesi raced in Elio de Angelis' helmet colours), but it really is worth being honest about things rather than making up press-bites!

You're probably right about me being gullible. But on this point I'll stick with Anthony and Lewis' answer rather than yours:) Oh! and there's a red ribbon too.

Anthony Hamilton has stated on more than one occasion with regard to the yellow helmet colour. Yes the ribbons are Lewis's added touch but if you would care to watch footage of Lewis in his earliest Karting days you will notice that he is wearing, surprise, surprise, a yellow helmet.

Believe or don't that's up to you:

Edit: The ribbon colours were Lewis's idea the ribbon design was a joint effort. We learn something new every day.:)

How cool is this? A Smart car painted the same as Hamilton's skid lid.

416x270-copy111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111.JPG

I have to say that I have always suspected the "yellow helmet to identify Lewis" was a story made for the press to try and make it sound more credible than "Lewis wanted to race in a yellow helmet as that was Senna's colours".... There's nothing wrong with either reason...... It just seems to me that the design being yellow with a blue and green ribbon was too reminiscent of Senna's helmet to be a coincidence.... It's actually most likely that it's a combination of both stories.....

(I do remember being at some club races in the 1990s at Oulton Park and saw a number of drivers racing in Mansell-replica helmets - or at least similar design motifs - again there's nothing wrong with doing that!)

It's widely thought Hamilton chose yellow for his helmet to copy his hero Senna, but that isnt the fact. The colour yellow was chosen by his father when he first began karting because it stood out, and Anthony could find where Lewis was more easily

Hey racecub, you are 100% correct when you said that Anthony Hamilton chose yellow for his helmet color, which made it alot easier for him to spot Lewis in the mix!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...s-new-manager-father-Anthony-steps-aside.html

Anthony Hamilton has stated on more than one occasion with regard to the yellow helmet colour. Yes the ribbons are Lewis's added touch but if you would care to watch footage of Lewis in his earliest Karting days you will notice that he is wearing, surprise, surprise, a yellow helmet.

Believe or don't that's up to you:

Edit: The ribbon colours were Lewis's idea the ribbon design was a joint effort. We learn something new every day.:)

It's amazing that anyone could still question why Hamilton's helmet iwas basically yellow, especially after watching this video!:crazy:

Interesting. Also, who is knocking him for emulating Senna? I was arguing that the Senna-Prost/Ham-Button comparison may be cliché but it is reasonable. I don't see it as a negative evaluation for either man (how could it be?)

Back
Top Bottom