Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

The only thing that Whitmarsh was able to accomplish with such ridiculous statements, is to reinforce the idea that he favors Button.

Lewis's surely didn't look as if Button's strong performances, have had a negative affect on him today during practice!.

There's the possibility Whitmarsh was misquoted/misinterpreted. He'd already been on the BBC forum proclaiming how Hamilton was still driving strongly despite the well publicised issues. I think Eddie asked the question whether he (Hamilton) was being affected by all the negativity and he responded by saying Lewis got pole and finished second in the previous race and would've started second in India if not for the penalty in FP.

There's the possibility Whitmarsh was misquoted/misinterpreted. He'd already been on the BBC forum proclaiming how Hamilton was still driving strongly despite the well publicised issues. I think Eddie asked the question whether he (Hamilton) was being affected by all the negativity and he responded by saying Lewis got pole and finished second in the previous race and would've started second in India if not for the penalty in FP.

I heard him say it. It made me angry at the time.

Lewis Hamilton is simply not as likeable as Jenson Button this year. And he's getting beaten by him. Get over it. All aboard!
What just this year? He used to be likeable and now he's not? And who has made this decision about Lewis' likeability? Or are you putting this forward as a reason for Martin's behaviour?

What just this year? He used to be likeable and now he's not? And who has made this decision about Lewis' likeability? Or are you putting this forward as a reason for Martin's behaviour?

Answers in order:

No, yes, me and no comment (for now).

Or maybe Martin was right, and Lewis is too close to see it. Maybe they both believe they are right, who knows.

At the end of the day everyone sees what they want to, and hear what they want to, and there are few who actually know.

I just hope that he has a good race, for his benefit and my sanity!!!

Or maybe Martin was right, and Lewis is too close to see it. Maybe they both believe they are right, who knows.

At the end of the day everyone sees what they want to, and hear what they want to, and there are few who actually know.

I just hope that he has a good race, for his benefit and my sanity!!!

Lewis says its rubbish and I can't see him being bothered by Jenson, he knows what he's capable of when he's on form . BUT If Martin was right and lewis is affected by Jensons performace, Marrtin should be dealing with it in house positively not giving interviews about it. If Horner said that about Webber there would be uproar.

Why would Lewis be even slightly affected by Jenson? Lewis is faster and beats him by default

Jenson is having his best ever season and driving the second best car to the second best result. Lewis is experiencing his worst season due to factors quantifiably temporary and resolvable

Whitmarsh is an embarrassment with his unhealthy crush
http://cliptheapex.com/threads/is-martin-whitmarsh-in-love-with-jenson-button.3661/

Lewis says its rubbish and I can't see him being bothered by Jenson, he knows what he's capable of when he's on form . BUT If Martin was right and lewis is affected by Jensons performace, Marrtin should be dealing with it in house positively not giving interviews about it. If Horner said that about Webber there would be uproar.
I would add that you are unlikely to know more about it than either Martin or Lewis, and I also suspect which way you are likely to go on this.

with all the speculation about this, do you think it a possibility that Lewis would not want to be seen as being affected by Jenson? Or that Martin Whitmarsh was defelecting focus away from Lewis' personal issues to protect him?

The notion that Martin would say what he has said simply to demotivate or upset a driver I find absurd, unless there is far more to it than meets the eye.

But as I said, we all see what we want to see.

Am I the only one who's all a bit meh about it?

Lewis has had a crap season.
Jenson has a had a great season.

I think that just about sums it up.

I was going to reply in a manner which would sort of undermine the point that I have made before, so I will simply say that there are those who lament the manner in which this has been dragged out, whilst dragging it out.

I for one hope that we can move on from this line of enquiry after this weekend, with a good/quiet/uneventful weekend from Lewis, and god forbid he should finish behind Jenson :twisted:

I would add that you are unlikely to know more about it than either Martin or Lewis, and I also suspect which way you are likely to go on this.

with all the speculation about this, do you think it a possibility that Lewis would not want to be seen as being affected by Jenson? Or that Martin Whitmarsh was defelecting focus away from Lewis' personal issues to protect him?

The notion that Martin would say what he has said simply to demotivate or upset a driver I find absurd, unless there is far more to it than meets the eye.

But as I said, we all see what we want to see.

so are you saying whitmarsh knows more about lewis than lewis himself?whitmarsh was just bigging up jenson and putting lewis down,thats all.if any driver is affecting lewis its vettel.and dont forget lewis started making mistakes when he was ahead of button on points.also some of his mistakes were made when he was pushing too hard trying to catch vettel.

so are you saying whitmarsh knows more about lewis than lewis himself?whitmarsh was just bigging up jenson and putting lewis down,thats all.if any driver is affecting lewis its vettel.and dont forget lewis started making mistakes when he was ahead of button on points.also some of his mistakes were made when he was pushing too hard trying to catch vettel.

Are you saying you know more about Whitmarsh than Whitmarsh himself?

Are you saying you know more about Lewis than Lewis himself?

Are you saying you know more about the situation inside McLaren than either of them?

I was simply stating that Martin and Lewis are likely to know more about the situation than anyone on here, apart from you clearly, and any comment whether made to support Lewis or not is simply the very kind of speculation that many have been criticising the media for pursuing.

Lewis is 'blown away' by support from an unexpected quarter. FERNANDO ALONSO!
Here's some of the things he says this weekend at Abu Dabi:-

He is .."the one who's able to clinch a championship with a car that's not the best".

Alonso, despite Lewis lying currently 5th in the championship, still believes Hamilton, who has endured a difficult year on and off the track, is the man with the most raw talent.

"Hamilton did not have a super season this year, who knows whether it was due to the Pirelli tyres or the fact that with blown diffusers now driving has changed," he explained.

"On top of that, [Hamilton's team-mate Jenson] Button is having a great year. All of this concurred to give the impression that his season hasn't been so good.

"But let's consider India, when he took second place in qualifying. It's like soccer: if Real Madrid or Barcelona are not performing particularly well on a given season, that does not mean that they're not top league.

"In fact, at the next winter testing he [Hamilton] will be the only one I'll be watching closely. The other guys can win if they've got the best car; he's the one who's able to clinch a championship with a car that's not the best."
Hamilton replied:-
"I'm blown away Fernando is so positive towards me despite my season."

"It's nice to know I've got support from some drivers."
"Despite the relationship we've had, I think our friendship and the respect we have for one another has got a lot stronger," .

"So it's nice to see that coming out because I've only ever said he is one of the best drivers, if not the best driver here."

Well, praise indeed! Given the history between those two Alonso didn't have to say that. Respect to him!! Its a shame Lewis' team manager cant show the same positivity and support!!

heh good old Fernando and his strange statements. Firstly I'd like to know the question he was asked to get that response but secondly I'll point you all back to the begining of the year where Alonso said the only person he was going to pay attention to in winter testing was Michael Schumacher.

I think Fernando has respect for all his rivals but singles out and makes statements about individuals to play mind games with the others. Its very Machaveliian and he's hoping to eff off Vettel and Button and throw them off their game.

I'm sure if Lewis form returns and he becomes the front runner again we'll hear him say something similar about Jenson Button.

Very Sennaesque.

I can't see anyone touching Lewis for pole today. Then again, I said the same thing last year. He does look insurmountably quick though, if free practice is anything to go by.

James Corden made a comment once on the awful "A League of their own" that no one likes a sulky multi millionaire. As much as I like Lewis he's gone down in my estimation this season. I don't care what's going on off the track, a lad in the football league went out to play only a few days after his son died now that takes guts - he scored at one match and even the opposition fans were chanting his name.

Great win for him at the weekend. NIce to see him smiling but if he is that fragile mentally I doubt we will see him take another World Title unless he manages to get into a team which will allow him Alonso like power over the other driver.

Back
Top Bottom