Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I'm at a loss for words.

You don't see how falsely accusing a driver of cheating or breaking the rules can be seen as negative?

I suppose its exactly what DC would have done... LOL

And that's why Whitmarshs only concern is for Jenson, with Lewis an afterthought, it's why he cried with emotion, he was saving his job, Ron can't replace him if he wins with Jenson. Ron has had to leave all decisions regarding drivers etc with Whitmarsh, that's how he is, efficient. Whitmarsh has a free hand with regards to the treatment of his drivers as long as he wins.

So what you're saying is that Whitmarsh is at risk of losing his job if Lewis wins races and perhaps the championship. That is one ridiculous assumpton to base your conclusions on!

Wow, jumping from that statement to DC calling for a penalty really is a feat of logic!
Remember that earlier in the race they had discussed the crime of crowding a car off the track.....
I don't think that was fully his responsibility. Now with the advantage of slow mo....
Look at Kobis left front wheel, he's starting to turn in....almost like Kobi expects LH to disappear. Now with the benefit of this slo mo......that is Kobis fault....Lewis just wrong time, wrong place."

But at the time it was judged to be LH fault.....it is no wonder he feels down.....

I don't think that was fully his responsibility. Now with the advantage of slow mo....
Look at Kobis left front wheel, he's starting to turn in....almost like Kobi expects LH to disappear. Now with the benefit of this slo mo......that is Kobis fault....Lewis just wrong time, wrong place."

But at the time it was judged to be LH fault.....it is no wonder he feels down.....
I thought this when I watched it live. Despite Lewis being blamed for it all (I thought racing incident, as I do with most!) I could swear that Kobayashi turned in ever so slightly just before Lewis did. In itself, would take a lot of the blame away from Lewis

I thought this when I watched it live. Despite Lewis being blamed for it all (I thought racing incident, as I do with most!) I could swear that Kobayashi turned in ever so slightly just before Lewis did. In itself, would take a lot of the blame away from Lewis
BBC1 pre Quali Prog, shows the incident & yes Kobi does turn into LH.
Lewis said at the time......he hadn't seen him...didn't even know it was Kobi., but apologised before he had seen re-run.
I think that he has been judged at the time to be at fault & there are those who take advantage of this....

He started on older tyres yet pulled a decent gap to 'the car that won the race' in the first few laps, he then had a slow puncture, he was on the second set longer than Button, the tyre pressures weren't good which led to understeer after the second stop, both his stops were 2.5 and 0.8 seconds longer than the stops his team mate was provided, he had enough fuel to get the car home and after realising they weren't going to catch Alonso he steadied his pace at the end.

I'm more than happy to be proved wrong here but considering all of the mitigating factors and the knowledge of how important the tyres were in this race in particular, I'm assuming when people criticise Hamilton's race pace, they are of course caveating that with 'because of the circumstances Hamilton found himself in...'

He started on older tyres yet pulled a decent gap to 'the car that won the race' in the first few laps, he then had a slow puncture, he was on the second set longer than Button, the tyre pressures weren't good which led to understeer after the second stop, both his stops were 2.5 and 0.8 seconds longer than the stops his team mate was provided, he had enough fuel to get the car home and after realising they weren't going to catch Alonso he steadied his pace at the end.

I'm more than happy to be proved wrong here but considering all of the mitigating factors and the knowledge of how important the tyres were in this race in particular, I'm assuming when people criticise Hamilton's race pace, they are of course caveating that with 'because of the circumstances Hamilton found himself in...'

As much as I respect your opinion, but if I am honest that is a lot of excuses for a driver, I can do that for any driver that has a poor day. Granted that he had a puncture and lost I think Bill Boddy posted it here only 1-2s to Button on the stops.

He lost certain time due to the puncture and pitstops, but what about the other time he lost not due to any of that?

I don't remember anyone coming here with the excuses explaining why Button was that slow in China and Nurburgring.

As much as I respect your opinion, but if I am honest that is a lot of excuses for a driver, I can do that for any driver that has a poor day. Granted that he had a puncture and lost I think Bill Boddy posted it here only 1-2s to Button on the stops.

He lost certain time due to the puncture and pitstops, but what about the other time he lost not due to any of that?

I don't remember anyone coming here with the excuses explaining why Button was that slow in China and Nurburgring.
Although there are a subset of fans who will always jump on JB if he explains why he wasn't as quick as LH... I wonder why they don't respond in the same way when LH explains why he isn't quick.... LH was lacking in grip - plain and simple - whether that was an issue with his tyres/set-up/whatever, it still explains why he wasn't quick in Suzuka - however, if we accept this reason, then we also need to accept when Button says that he was lacking in grip, or whatever!

I suppose its exactly what DC would have done... LOL

So what you're saying is that Whitmarsh is at risk of losing his job if Lewis wins races and perhaps the championship. That is one ridiculous assumpton to base your conclusions on!

I don't rally want to argue about this or to discuss it. I answered the question.
I will however clarify the point that you don't understand

My theory is that MW got the job because of Ron making enemies and the whole Alonso inspired spying debacle. He is not a Ron type leader, Ron might find another leader with a vision closer to his
MW has floundered at times, his only chance of convincing the big shareholders that his touchy, less efficient happy camper approach works is for his driver Jenson to beat the child prodigy of his old master Ron
If I was a mac shareholder I would yearn for a younger Ron and not the sloppy flower power approach going on
Ron is a hands on or off ruthless businessman, MW has rope to do it his way and he is, and that's why Lewis is currently an afterthought

I'm done with this topic

people see lewis in a slump of results but they want to ridicule any speculation to the cause
They see the punctures, stewards decisions, team mistakes, they see a dejected Lewis drive extra cautiously, jumping out of everyones way, but they think it's ridiculous that these might have an effect on his performance

Yes Lewis is not winning and there are absolutely no mitigating factors, he is just not as good as he was, oh it must be the regs or tyres or the other drivers are suddenly much better
Let's talk about Lewis and his slump but only from a point of view that there is no reason outside Lewis himself otherwise it would be ridiculous tin foil hattery

I will however clarify the point that you don't understand

To paraphrase Homer Simpson, just because I don't agree doesn't mean I don't understand.

My theory is that MW got the job because of Ron making enemies and the whole Alonso inspired spying debacle.

Correct!

He is not a Ron type leader, Ron might find another leader with a vision closer to his

Where from, exactly? I can't see that someone who has been with Ron since the Project Four years is totally divorced from the Ron Dennis way of thinking?

MW has floundered at times, his only chance of convincing the big shareholders that his touchy, less efficient happy camper approach works is for his driver Jenson to beat the child prodigy of his old master Ron

Sorry, but if McLaren win, then Whitmarsh doesn't have to prove anything, whoever the driver who wins is!

people see lewis in a slump of results but they want to ridicule any speculation to the cause
They see the punctures, stewards decisions, team mistakes, they see a dejected Lewis drive extra cautiously, jumping out of everyones way, but they refuse to think it's ridiculous that these might have an effect on his performance

Yes Lewis is not winning and there is absolutely no mitigating factors, he is just not as good as he was, oh it must be the regs or tyres or the other drivers are suddenly much better

It seems to me that no-one is ridiculing speculation to the cause but you. The regulations and tyres being less to the drivers liking is far more of a reasonable assumption to make than his own team sabotaging his cause.

The only thing that is leading your conclusions to be rejected by many of the contributors is due firstly to the fact that you have decided on your conclusion and shaped the evidence to fit, and secondly because of your mockery of anyone who disagrees with you.

Putting it simply it's the same answer for both isn't it - tyres, lack of grip, understeer? It just seemed a rather dramatic difference in pace compared to what we're used to seeing and regardless of whether it's a lot of excuses, I don't believe ive made them up?

Where you said what about the other time he lost, what other time? Im not disputing it I just missed (or selectively chose to ignore it) it like a lot of things that race it seems judging by some of the comments here. Well let's face it, getting up at 5.30 on a Sunday morning is gonna do something to you!

Didn't hamilton say it was probably his set up? Which would explain the understeer and grip problems?

Back
Top Bottom