Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Whitmarsh keeps saying (& again today) that Lewis is young & he needs to learn..........learn what?
He was phenomenal in his first year........team & FA scandal let him down he was robbed of the title...he must be thinking of all the hassle he has had...whilst at McLaren

On the other hand Seb has a fantastic team behind him ....SOLID.
IMHO.....I think LH needs to learn...that he has not got the team behind him........sorry MW/Team want him behind JB....
& it's been achieved.

I don't know what Lewis can do.........
"people treat your kindness as a weakness, and your honesty as a chance to take advantage.."
Lewis is going to have to learn to be a different person......IMHO not possible
He is a brilliant racer........

I might be the most talented person in my office, but if I keep missing deadlines, failing to win pitches and becoming a constant PR exercise for the company, then I am going to lose out on the promotion to the next guy ad will be the second choice as the frontman and ambassador for my department.

Lewis is up against a very different type of competitor with Jenson and it's not that he needs ton up his game, more that he needs to change his game. He really can only look to himself. If he can't sort out his issues at McLaren then those same issue will hamper him if he goes elsewhere.

Learn PR............
Too trusting be aware, don't be too honest, it doesn't pay.........
It put's paid to you..... if you let it.
IMHO......Lewis make your own choices.....should you have listened to Team...in Q3 ?
JB dawdling in the chicane gave himself a 7 sec gap ......& you were zapped on either side....did team inform of time & approaching cars?
Two punctures in two races
The slowest pit stops of the top running drivers
So Lewis be aware
& not forgetting FP

An old saying: "There's none so blind as those who will not see".

Hamilton's problems are down to Hamilton.
That is your opinion. Others have different and no less valid opinions. That does not mean that they are blind. The truth is there have been mistakes on many sides contributing to Hamilton's current situation and none of them can be written off as just his problem.:)

IMHO.....MW/McLaren have favoured Jenson
JB...... last year wanted to be Double WDC.......but didn't manage it
Both drivers cannot win or be in the same position in a race
IMHO MW wants Jenson in the lead...their No1...........
This probaly would not alter their race points haul..........
Today & yesterday......Lewis was slowed up/compromised
And Coulthard once again saying he should have a penalty re Massa.......stewards took no notice today

And Coulthard once again saying he should have a penalty re Massa.......stewards took no notice today

As a HUGE McLaren fan, that's garbage.

As much as the conspiracy continues to grow, I cannot recall anyone giving a good reason why anyone at McLaren would want to screw Hamilton, treat him as an afterthought or do anything which does not optimise his race results.

It is grossly against their own interests.

I will give you my own opinion on this as I would not like your request to go unanswered.

On the one hand we have Ron, a self made former mechanic that built McLaren and has his own strong vision. Makes typically bold move and gives Hamilton a seat. This leads to trouble as Ron underestimates the jealousy and hatred some near and far will have for Lewis, and this ends in a 100mill fine and Rons exit

His sidekick eagerly steps into the job and sets about changing everything around so that the 2007 situation that almost put him out of a job never happens,

No more maverick founders, no more uncomfortable obsessiveness with perfection, no more young prodigies

So with Jenson more than anything else Whitmarsh must win things to prevent a new Ron or a Ron pupil to charm the founder and takeover

And that's why Whitmarshs only concern is for Jenson, with Lewis an afterthought, it's why he cried with emotion, he was saving his job, Ron can't replace him if he wins with Jenson. Ron has had to leave all decisions regarding drivers etc with Whitmarsh, that's how he is, efficient. Whitmarsh has a free hand with regards to the treatment of his drivers as long as he wins.

Then I could point to the circumstances surrounding Lewis' father pushed out the garage, maybe Whitmarsh said to lewis 'you want to stay here now I'm in charge get rid of your old man'

Anyway that is my opinion about why Lewis' side could possibly not be optimised to win.

No one is sabotaging, it's just that he is not getting 'apple of my eye' service. Not institutionalised Massafication mind

That's it, no need to debate this further

P.s. Ofcourse there might be another answer;
http://cliptheapex.com/threads/is-martin-whitmarsh-in-love-with-jenson-button.3661/

So Mclaren spend a £100m investment on an unknown kid who delivered them their last world title and is considered one of the most coveted drivers in F1 and some of you believe a team like Mclaren would be daft enough to force him to join one of their rivals so with them they can beat Mclaren and make them wait longer for their next driver's title or sustained success

the biggest loads of codswallop I've ever heard considering Lewis is 5 years younger than Jenson as well plus Mclaren promised Lewis a new Mclaren sportscar as a gift for delivering 3 world titles and they would not be paying more money than Jenson still

That would be a little undemocratic Jen, Any answer to the question would require a conspiracy theory, you can't say 'give me a theory but not one I find far fetched'

:)

That is, in essence, the idea of conspiracy when related to an idea. I don't believe democracy has much relevance to personal opinion unless there is some kind of poll involved :(

Back to reality :twisted:

I seem to recall some conversation on the F1 Forum that Lewis can't see properly out of his rear view mirrors. EJ joked that 15 races in it was perhaps a little late for Hammy to mention this little gem. Might explain some of the incidents he has been involved in such as Massa today and Kobayashi in Belgium.

He's not the first driver to mention it.

The mirrors are so small and vibrate so much that they are about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

I will give you my own opinion on this as I would not like your request to go unanswered.

On the one hand we have Ron, a self made former mechanic that built McLaren and has his own strong vision. Makes typically bold move and gives Hamilton a seat. This leads to trouble as Ron underestimates the jealousy and hatred some near and far will have for Lewis, and this ends in a 100mill fine and Rons exit

/

This is an amazing leap of faulty logic - blaming those who dislike Lewis leading to the 100million fine. The fine was simply because McLaren had been involved in espionage, and had more to do with the animosity between Mosley and Dennis - this had nothing to do with Hamilton. Ok, so Alonso may have triggered the investigation, but let's be fair, nothing stays covered up in F1 for too long - whenever a driver feels wronged, they blow the whistle - just look at Piquetgate!

His sidekick eagerly steps into the job and sets about changing everything around so that the 2007 situation that almost put him out of a job never happens,

No more maverick founders, no more uncomfortable obsessiveness with perfection, no more young prodigies

So with Jenson more than anything else Whitmarsh must win things to prevent a new Ron or a Ron pupil to charm the founder and takeover

And that's why Whitmarshs only concern is for Jenson, with Lewis an afterthought, it's why he cried with emotion, he was saving his job, Ron can't replace him if he wins with Jenson. Ron has had to leave all decisions regarding drivers etc with Whitmarsh, that's how he is, efficient. Whitmarsh has a free hand with regards to the treatment of his drivers as long as he wins.

That's just garbage - Hamilton can never be described as an afterthought. Just because you perceive some sleight against Hamilton doesn't mean it exists! Remember that conspiracy theories are (usually) the domain of the terminally deranged!

Then I could point to the circumstances surrounding Lewis' father pushed out the garage, maybe Whitmarsh said to lewis 'you want to stay here now I'm in charge get rid of your old man'

Anyway that is my opinion about why Lewis' side could possibly not be optimised to win.

You mean, the father that LH had a falling out with, and sacked as his manager? You're now trying to blame Whitmarsh for that as well?

No one is sabotaging, it's just that he is not getting 'apple of my eye' service. Not institutionalised Massafication mind

That's it, no need to debate this further

P.s. Ofcourse there might be another answer;
http://cliptheapex.com/threads/is-martin-whitmarsh-in-love-with-jenson-button.3661/

Hmm.... No need to debate it further? Hmm.......

No, what Coulthard asked is "Do you think that that will get a penalty" - not "I think Lewis should be punished".

If there's an incident, commentators are bound to ask if there's going to be a penalty... Otherwise, you'd be complaining of biased stewarding every time there was a punishment meted out, as "the commentators never thought it warranted a penalty"

Back
Top Bottom