Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I'm not sure Massa is as sour about 2008 as he is about 2010-11. He coped admirably well with that defeat and went on through 2009 not mentioning Hamilton in interviews.

At the moment, he's been beaten by Alonso, and like Mark Webber, is searching for a scapegoat.

Felipe Massa said:
How many times is it he's hit me this year

Two?

Well, he was penalized in Malaysia, in Monaco, in Hungary and in Singapore. In Canada and Belgium he DNF'd (punishment enough, if he warrented any penalty at all, that is).

Should be end of discussion.

I suppose if a driver has multiple incidents resulting in penalties, the question could be asked as to whether collectively they would justify a more stringent penalty (a race ban, say) even if none of the individual incidents would justify such a penalty when taken in isolation?

Might be a question for a different thread though.

As long as there is consistency in awarding penalties, for similar incidents, including in the same race, then that's fine.

As we've seen this season though (again), that's not necessarily the case.

And really pleased to see him come out and say this pre Japanese GP, he's not lost his fight...

"“As for the race itself, I think Suzuka will play to my strengths: it’s a track that really requires you to drive in an attacking way to be able to get a good lap time. It’s an uncompromising place. But that’s when the thrill of driving a Formula One car is at its highest; when you know you can’t afford a single mistake and where driving on the absolute limit is the only way to get the best time."

Back
Top Bottom