Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I think, without hopefully veering too far off topic, that Hughes writes a column for Autosport every single week, and does all their race reports, and having read them voraciously for years, I think he gets a lot more right than wrong, and also consistently enlightens me to things I didn't know or understand before. I'm sure even Shakespeare wrote the odd crap play, etc.

O, I agree with what you say there. Hughes is good value more times that not.

I also justified my criticism of that particual piece as opposed merely criticising it in a vacuum.

Another thing I didn't add in my criticism is that Hughes doesn't actually come out and say that his problems in 2011 are because of the reg changes...he, if you dig deeper, only asks the question.

I find it amusing how fashionable it is these days to dump on Hamilton whilst ignoring the likes of Webber, Schumacher and Massa...and how fashionable it is to praise Vettel to no end.

There doesn't seem to be balance right now.

O, I agree with what you say there. Hughes is good value more times that not.

I also justified my criticm of that particual piece as opposed merely criticising it in a vacuum.

Another thing I didn't add in my criticism is that Hughes actually doesn't actually come out and say that his problems in 2011 are because of the reg changes...he, if you dig deeper, only asks the question.

I find it amusing how fashionable it is these days to dump on Hamilton whilst ignoring the likes of Webber, Schumacher and Massa...and how fashionable it is to praise Vettel to no end.

There doesn't seem to be balance right now.

Well, we are not all fashion victims and whether Hughes stated it or suggested it, it is still an interesting point for discussion and I applaud Hughes for raising it. I don't think anyone would suggest, or has done, that Mark Hughes knows that this is the reason for Hamilton's slump. I think we are all aware that it is a combination of a multitude of factors and now we can entertain this as being one of them.

There is one rather delicious, perhaps cheeky, phrase at the bottom of paragraph three.
Having now read that comment, that just reinforces my opinion of Straw.

I know it's an opinion piece, but it's clear that he really dislikes Hamilton, having read many similar comments on Twitter.

I'm not sure the F1 editor of Autosport should be quite so forthright in making his personal feelings clear for one particular driver out of 24.

It seems again that there us one law for Lewis and one for the others

When he has a bit of a slump in results whether due to luck, biased stewards, lack of management or whatever, then he gets crucified.

He is not allowed to just have a bad run, or to be distracted or to appear to have lost interest, or to have fanatical followers, it has to be a heineous crime.

This is just another in a list of those who particularly dislike him with a passion beyond mere sports and will rip into him whenever weakness is detected.

There is no real need to debate this or to be surprised, it's boring

Best to wait and ignore them till he starts getting results on track, then these vitriolic and unbalanced attacks will stop

till he is vulnerable again

It seems again that there us one law for Lewis and one for the others
When he has a bit of a slump in results whether due to luck, biased stewards, lack of management or whatever, then he gets crucified.

Cookin I'm a huge Hamilton fan but he's not just had bad luck, bad management etc.. Only Hamilton can control Hamilton and he has made mistakes all by himself. If he couldn't then what's the point in having a human in the car?

It's still a form of flattery that despite being fifth in the WDC he is still getting as much, if not more attention than the soon to be youngest ever double World Champion. This immense talent emerged and is having a dog of a season. Of course there will be sensationalist articles.

What bothers me is when his family and competitors (Massa/Maldonado) join in the witch hunt. But it wouldn't be broadcast or maybe even said if the journalists weren't probing so much.

Sure Lewis drives the car and has had a slump in results so it's his fault

He doesn't normally have this so we can look for reasons to explain it

Apart from his lack of ability to shrug off all possible factors and be perfect, there are clear indications pointing to a cumulative build up of circumstantial factors that would lead most to a slump in form

Some chose not to see this, and it's sadly preditable to read the stuff out there

Best to wait till he is back in form

IMHO, don't want to force feed anyone with it, so no further comment

Drivers gang up occasionally if they see any vulnerability in a competitor, especially if it's someone they fear on the track. I seem to recall Senna getting lots of criticism from other drivers when he had his run ins with the various authorities and his more "odd" on track antics. I think Lewis will rise above this as he knows as soon as he gets behind the wheel they only place these blokes are going to be is behind him, unless the stewards penalise him.

More disturbing for me was Hamilton's reaction after the drive through. What was the comment "What am I racing for?" You could interpret that in a number of ways - What position can I possibly finish from here? or What's the point of this race? Let's hope it's the former rather than the latter.

Back
Top Bottom