Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

There's a car advantage. I admit it. But if it was so "enormous", then why hasn't Webber won given that he won 4 races last year and 2 the year before.

Perhaps for the same reasons that Mark Hughes, in his "dog poor article" suggest as to why Lewis is not getting the same results we are used to from him? I'm not stating that as my opinion, so no need to go into one, but something worth considering?

Blime-oh-blinking riley !!!! I've just picked up this weeks copy of Autosport and read the lead article on Hamilton by F1 Editor Edd Straw (Page 10 - Hamilton Worries Mclaren).

I won't reprint the text here not due to copyright issues but because the content of the article is likely to send the most ardent Hamilton supporters into mouth frothing, eyeball rolling fits of rage. Suffice to say, it quotes sources within Mclaren indicating that some senior personnel in the team fear that Hamilton is suffering from a serious malaise.

It's well worth reading as it goes into greater detail as to why there are people close to Hamilton who feal he needs greater management.

I stopped following Edd Straw on Twitter a while ago.

It's obvious he's less than impartial when it comes to Hamilton.
I'm not suggesting the article isn't accurate, I just have no interest in reading his constant overly negative comments.

I said it a while ago, but in my opinion, Vettel being the youngest ever double, back-to-back WDC will have profoundly affected Hamilton, as he will be thinking it should have been him.

He burst onto the scene in a blaze of glory in 2007, just missing out on being the first ever rookie WDC, throwing away a 19 point lead with 2 races to go.
Squeaked to the title in 2008 by 1 point.

Then nothing.

There is one rather delicious, perhaps cheeky, phrase at the bottom of paragraph three.

I don't much care for Edd Straw I have to say.

I'm neither / nore on Edd Straw however the article throws up some serious and some not so serious points.

LOL and no I don't work for Autosport I just think the Article needs to be read in isolation from the forum so that you can inform your own opinions.

We already know that Straw is anti-Hamilton. Straw gave Hamilton a silly 3 for Spa. I think we already had this discussion between Spa and Monza.

I got heat for my criticism of the Hughes piece the other day because I cited Vettel and Button as Hamilton's main problems whilst Hughes was citing the reg changes like KERS, DRS, etc. (Hughes didn't mention either Vettel/Button nor did he mentioned McLaren's own errors when it came to Lewis's qually and races.)

My main criticm with Hughes is that Hughes is basically suggesting Lewis hasn't been able to adapt ... yet we all know that Lewis used KERS in 2009...and 2009 was a very good year for Lewis in terms of getting the most from the McLaren.

So when Hughes cites KERS and the like, then I can't take him seriously.

Hughes also writes for AUTOSPORT (eventhough the piece was BBC web) so no surprise.

I think, without hopefully veering too far off topic, that Hughes writes a column for Autosport every single week, and does all their race reports, and having read them voraciously for years, I think he gets a lot more right than wrong, and also consistently enlightens me to things I didn't know or understand before. I'm sure even Shakespeare wrote the odd crap play, etc.

Similarly I only comment on Straw on the basis of having read a lot of his stuff. That's my last comment on this though.

Back
Top Bottom