Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Hamilton has so many critics (haters?) that they hardly need an excuse to vent.

I said it a long time ago that he could win a race in reverse, starting from the pit lane, with his head on fire and those people would still find a reason to complain about his win and dismiss it for spurious reasons.

I suspect Hamilton isn't alone when it comes to people like that, but he does seem to have more than his (vocal) fair share of them.

Is this equally as sexist?

ham.jpg

I can see how it could be uncalled for/unacceptable, but sexist?

People claim F1 is sterile and the drivers are soulless corporate robots.
The reaction to this incident is certainly going to make that more true from now on.

They will be scared to fart on the podium for fear of offending someone with an acute sense of smell.

Just as a complete aside, Nicole has recently appeared in some adverts for Victoria's Secret. Hmmm, winning Grands Prix and World Championships or a long term relationship with Nicole Sherzinger? I bet the trophy Lewis got doesn't keep him warm in bed at night.

Same thing he's thinking when he's told Mercedes he's not quite ready to sign up again yet. There must be a better offer on the table somewhere else ;)

LOL

People claim F1 is sterile and the drivers are soulless corporate robots.
The reaction to this incident is certainly going to make that more true from now on.

They will be scared to fart on the podium for fear of offending someone with an acute sense of smell.

I think this is a perfect example of the media, F1 and society as a whole. As you say, people say drivers are soulless and corporate with no personality and yet as soon as they show a bit of individualism they are criticised for it. It's the same with modern musicians. Apparently, before I was born, 'rock and roll' stars would live the 'rock and roll' lifestyle by driving cars into pools and wrecking hotel rooms and thus be seen as shining beacons of character. Yet nowadays the media get up in arms about 'musicians' smoking a spliff or driving a bit too fast down a motorway and people (well, those sad enough to complain) often follow suit with criticism.

Those in the spotlight are restricted by public image in what they can and cannot do. It is not them but the media that is soulless and corporate.

Anyway, on the topic of Lewis Hamilton - he does seem to be much stronger mentally nowadays as opposed to two or three years ago. Is Nicole out of his head now? :)

If Ferrari can mount a challenge this year, I wonder how much of this metal strength will hold up.

Back
Top Bottom