Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

For Lewis (and probably Mercedes), that's good news. If we go by recent history by the end of his stint, Hamilton will have accumulated 5 titles to 0 from his rivals. Time will tell I guess.

As you say time will tell.

The engine will always be top notch but the rest of the package maybe under par - three years is a long time in F1 so anything could happen. Who would have thought that Ferrari would be challenging this year?

Lewis says he will still be racing in F1 when this contract runs out, so seeing him in red isn't completely out of the question.
What's included in this contract? Well these are some of things rumoured to be in it
-worth about £100mil
- his annual take home pay will rise from £16 mil to £30 mil( he saved the 20% fee by negotiating the contract himself and only using the family lawyer)
- he has performance bonuses and if he achieves them all will be the highest paid driver.
- he will keep his trophies
- he will keep his championship winning car
- he will do more work globally for the Mercedes brand
- he is free to negotiate other deals and keeps his image rights.

- he is free to negotiate other deals and keeps his image rights.

And he's welcome to them.

o-LEWIS-HAMILTON-570.jpg

I love the thought that a driver has to put into a contract that he gets to keep a trophy that was awarded to him. I've always found that situation a little absurd. I can't think of any other sport where a player would be expected to hand back individual awards. For example, when a team wins the FA Cup, the players aren't told to hand over their winners medals to the club they play for.

Always the car it would seem - so why bother with drivers? Except some can get the best from any given car.

I am a driver fan and hate to see the amount of 'sidelining' that goes on these days; from the press, teams, fans and other drivers. Only when the regs. are slackened will we ever understand who the best drivers are or were!

“I am a huge Lewis fan because he is a super promoter of the sport. From a pure business aspect - sorry Nico if I have to say this - you are not so good for my business,” Ecclestone declared.

“Unfortunately you don’t have the German fans on your side. As the cancellation of the German Grand Prix indicates, Germany is a terrible market for Formula One. On the contrary Lewis is a hero in the UK. The British love Formula One. Sebastian is also not doing much for F1. People hardly recognize him on the street.”

Ouch !!!

While in marketing terms he has a point about Hamilton, it's a bit unfair on Vettel, Rosberg and indeed, the whole of Germany. Just because the German race tracks can no longer afford the huge kings ransom to host a race, it doesn't mean it's a terrible place for F1.

well depends on your view whether its a Bernie discussion or a Hamilton discussion.

There is some truth in it though Hamilton has huge fan base and is doing his bit at world champion to make it popular

Back
Top Bottom