Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I think that I'd like to see how he fares with the brakes being in better shape for Lewis, he said that it only felt good in S2 and S3 in his Monaco Q3 lap and he was quicker then so that could be a sign

I personally think Rosberg was always underestimated by people who forgot bit too quickly that he never a title-contending car under him.
At the end of the day he always drove fast with what he had to drive while making very few mistakes which as simple as it sounds, is what it's all about isn't it?

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1...win-more-races-once-they-understand-the-tyres
Lewis is ever the optomist.....

Re Nico....though this should be on NR-v-LH thread....Nico missed a win at Singapore..2009? because he crossed the white line coming out from a pitstop...whilst in the lead...& got a drive through..lack of concentration/silly mistake...similar to running in the back of LH in the pit lane Canada 2008.....whilst most only choose to remember LH running into KR...who was double parked at the red light. This is not a criticism of NR.........

One of the comments on there says the last time Hamilton missed Q3 was Malaysia 2010 and he was the only driver not to miss Q3 in the whole 2012 season.

Not that is means much but it shows he's very consistent on saturdays

In a way, I understand what Watson is saying, (sorry!). Watson wasn't the most successful driver in the World, so perhaps, he is attempting to pass on advice that he wish he had had when in F1 - i.e. that all drivers need to focus and avoid distractions to 'optimise their potential'.

RasputinLives

To be honest, I would agree about the whole tattoo and dog criticism.... Certainly, in terms of marketing, you lower your breadth of appeal if you are covered in tattoos.... With that public image, you can cut yourself off from certain employers! I know that if I were interviewing someone covered in tattoos for a role which involved externally facing marketing, i wouldn't hesitate in not employing them!

Also, I always worry about dogs in the paddock- not because of distraction, but simply in case the dog is affected by noise! However, these are really small issues! Certainly, they shouldn't be affecting his driving!

Porceliamone

I know what you're saying, but I do just feel that racing teams expect clean cut images..... Personal opinion of course! I think that beckham looks a prat as well!

Also, you need to look at employers demographic! Teams like McLaren are never going to be that happy about people breaching their clean cut image policy!!!

I don'y disagree with Watson's rant in principal it just seems a strange time to do it after Monaco where Lewis had a pretty decent drive and there were far more things like parties and promos to distract Lewis than a dog or a tattoo.

As someone who has two tattoos on the top of each arm which are usually concealled away I've never come across any tattoo bias. Having not seen any on Lewis I imagine they must be similar placed and shouldn't be an issue. Unless he has a spider web down one side of his face I haven't noticed.

RasputinLives

46ebb_news_article-2293810-18AD01C5000005DC-657_634x769.jpg

I don't like earings, beards or tattoos...but I do like great racing...so I really like LH
The tattoo on his arm is obviously done by an expert......don't think it's a spider's web.....wouldn't put me off buying...whatever LH was promoting.

Back
Top Bottom