Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Apart from his tyre woes in Spain, I think things are shaping up quite nicely at the moment. Two podiums and a couple of points finishes. A quick car, a competitive team mate who can push him all the way. I don't see there being any problems. As I said in the Nico thread, this will be a year of impressive drives but not quite enough to push on for the title. I think the way the team dynamic is shaping up at Mercedes that if they get the car / engine combination right for 2014 they've got to be right up among the title favorites. Hamilton seems relaxed and to be enjoying himself again. That can only be a good thing.

Lewis has admitted he's struggled with this car all season except when he put it on pole in China. He says he hasn't got confidence in the breaking( and he really needs that , he's a late breaker, that's where his advantage comes from) he says he's never felt so bad driving round a track he loves and was really pleased to get it on the front row yesterday.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22667887
He's not winging or moaning or looking for excuses. He comes out and says he's not dong a good enough job. Part of why I like Lewis.

He's new to this team, has a new car to get used to, and these tyres I think will hurt his style of driving maybe more than some. That said he hasn't been too shabby and I think when these teething issues are sorted we'll see better performance. But kudos to Nico. He's doing a great job! I wouldn't be surprised to see Lewis help him to a win today.

Sky TV showed Lewis' car during one of the practice sessions, he was carrying 4 cameras, about the size of the commentator's microphone, they were positioned/pointing at each tyre, info on deg.
Maybe no help for this race but it's good to see..

I think that Lewis is not referring to the feel of the brakes, more about the way the car behaves under braking. I am sure that the brake materials can be changed very easily, if that were the problem. Just something that will be taken in to account as the team develop the car.

Lewis has admitted he's struggled with this car all season except when he put it on pole in China. He says he hasn't got confidence in the breaking( and he really needs that , he's a late breaker, that's where his advantage comes from).

Yesterday Lewis said that he was lacking confidence in the car during braking.......well it looks as though he may have regained back some of that confidence, with his daring attemped pass on Webber today.

I'm fairly sure that Lewis insisted on using carbon industries brakes the same as he had a McLaren when he joined Mercedes so I don't see why he should not be used to them.

As I have said previously, I believe it to be the behaviour of the car under braking rather than the brakes themselves, that could be related to suspension set up, downforce, tyre grip, and the ultra secret balance adjusters.

If he has been used to differences, then being a little short of confidence is to be expected.

It may be, but there aren't many who will put their hands up to it. Most will come out with an army of excuses and reasons why the fault lies elsewhere. I can think of a couple of very valid reasons Lewis could have given as to why Nicco did better than he did at Monaco, but he chose not to. He chose to put his hands up and say " I need to do better". Credit to him.

Back
Top Bottom