Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Thought Lewis drove a solid race today. He seemed to be in control even when he was quite slow at the beginning of the race, and when the car came to him in the second half of the race he capitalized on the opportunities that came his way, even though at the end of the race there was a few heart in the mouth moments when he was battling with Mark Webber.

Hamilton did a bit of a Raikkonen yesterday. Out of site and out of mind, anonymous. I'd all but forgotten he was in the race then all of a sudden at the end he shows up on screen pulls a few overtakes and snatches 5th place from out of nowhere.

At this point Hamiltons career could go 1 of 2 ways.

By the end I think he will either end up being compared to jacques villeneuve or Michael Schumacher.

Should he never win another championship he will be compared to Villeneuve for the reasons stated by the teabag:

Started his first season in a big team, had a blistering debut. Fought against his team-mate for the title, finished second. Won a hard fought title battle with a Ferrari on the last race of his second season after his team-mate moved to the midfield. A regulation change prevented a challenge the next year. He left his team after falling out with management in the wake of Jenson Button becoming his team-mate.

Drove for BAR and a team-mate of Button and Alonso.

On the other hand he could by the end of his career be compared to Michael schumacher

Became a world champion with a great (or good in Schu's case) team. Then decided to leave a proven good team to go to a team with far distant history of success but is now very dormant and considered a lesser team and take on the challenge of turning it around into a winning team with Ross Brawn, and going to the front with them and winning many championships together

I reckon he has already done enough to be well remembered as a Lewis Hamilton. I think he is quite different to any of the drivers that we have had in F1 and his journey is his own. I don't agree with the comparisons. I just think people will tell and recount "The Hamilton story", whichever direction the plot evolves.

Let;s put the JV/LH comparison to rest shall we? This is how their F1 records stack up:

Jac vs Lew.webp

Stat's from: http://www.4mula1.ro/

Back
Top Bottom