Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Although, I think if a driver has been in a practice session and set a time within the 107% then they can compete in the race. So Schumi could qualify and then Hamilton could race, but from the back of grid....

... I think. Brogan is very good at clearing these sorts of things up.

From the regs:
31.2 No driver may start in the race without taking part in at least one practice session.

And qualifying is related to the driver, not the car, so if a driver who hadn't qualified was permitted to start it would be from the back of the grid.

We'll find out in the early hours of tomorrow I guess. If they think he may be unable to race the replacement driver will be in the Friday morning session.

Does a single driver have to complete a session? Would it be possible to send out Hamilton for a lap to make sure he can legally race that weekend and then swap over to the reserve in the same session giving Hamilton more recovery time?

I was only using Schumi as an example! And maybe Merc could do what Barry Sheene and Steve Parrish did a few years ago when Barry turned up to qually hungover, so Steve did his lap, then changed into Barry's overall and helmet and did his lap! He even set his lap slower!

Kimi looked good for last week-end too....but shit happened & he was second...

Hope LH, NR & the Merc crew are squirrelling away.....& get their cars near the front. I hope they have worked out how to use the DRS the Ferrari way....that is...be right up behind the car in front for the detection point....overtake immediately after, & use the overtaking boost to get up the road.....pretty damn quick......

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1...ilton-thrown-out-of-McLaren-s-garage-at-Jerez
At an earlier race((might have been AustraIia) this year, ..I noticed Whitmarsh outside the Merc garage giving Lewis a hug & making sure the TV cameras saw him...It seemed a bit weird at the time...but the above is probably the reason he was doing it...

Today post race interview......Jenson said that he is the first car on a new set of tyres in tomorrow's race, because he didn't set a time....grid position next to LH...

"We are not overly concerned as it's just one of those racing things." says Paul Hembery. Well, I am overly concerned that a team and it's driver face a 5 place grid drop through no fault of their own. Perhaps if the marshalls and stewards ensured the track is clear of dodgy debris it may not have happened. Woe betide them had it happened to a driver with another car DRS'ing up his chuff at full chat. It would be nice to see Hamilton reinstated to his proper place on the grid, providing of course that the errant matallic object was not from his own car.

Hamberg re post 4353
Two seperate points..
Firstly I couldn't understand Whitmarsh going Merc to give LH a hug...and making sure the TV cameras saw it.... the Sky Sports article tells of LH being thrown out of McLaren garage at Jerez testing.

Secondly...LH did flying lap in Q3, & seemingly, through no fault of his own, is next to Button on the grid...who didn't bother to do a flying lap....but has the advantage of new tyres....This doesn't seem right..
IMO it is wrong

Back
Top Bottom