Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

On a side note - Hamilton's move to Mercedes doesn't look like such a bad one after all. Granted, there is still a long way to go for the rest of the season but the McLaren looks bloody awful. I half expected Hamilton to leave and Button to have another Brawn '09, given his luck last year but nope. Even if Hamilton doesn't win a race this season he'll still be a one-time WDC come 2014, which is the same as he would have had staying at McLaren.

edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22209168
Interesting that Hamilton states that this is the first F1 car he has driven which has had a planted rear. I always assumed he deliberately set up the car to have a planted, predictable front and a looser rear, but he states he prefers the opposite, in the same way Alonso does.

Senna's_right_foot - Started his first season in a big team, had a blistering debut. Fought against his team-mate for the title, finished second. Won a hard fought title battle with a Ferrari on the last race of his second season after his team-mate moved to the midfield. A regulation change prevented a challenge the next year. He left his team after falling out with management in the wake of Jenson Button becoming his team-mate.

Drove for BAR and a team-mate of Button and Alonso.

Enough?

teabagyokel very true, i'll admit I hadn't thought of it in that much depth, only in terms of winning a title, showing promise but never quite fulfilling it.
All we need now is for the comparison to be complete is for Hamilton to leave Mercedes and with his manager/former manager set up a team - Hamilton leaves Mercedes, McLaren are looking for a sponsor and engines for next year. Anthony Hamilton buys into McLaren, sponsors them through his young driver management/agency-type thingy, he then buys PURE from Craig Pollock and sells the engines to McLaren. 2013 Vodafone McLaren Mercedes ---> 2014 Hamilton Hamilton Hamilton.

I'm glad you left out any comparison as far as talent goes though.

In his most recent BBC column LH says
" And as a driver, I want Nico to be at his best, because when I finish ahead of him, it's better that way. I would never want to distract him and him be on the wrong foot & then beat him. When you beat the person at their best, that's when you can feel the most satisfied."
I started reading that & thought WTF..but then realised...he just wants his team mate to know that he can trust him.

But it's okay to use statistics to prove your driver is better than he looks at a certain track, the fact is Nico has been quicker than Lewis all weekend but I'll bet there is some statistic to prove that he wasn't....

Mephistopheles. How much had you had to drink at 9pm last night? You are quoting me on stuff that I said three grand prix ago. :-)

I know when you have been drinking because everybody who doesn't support Jenson Button becomes his enemy and, for a short time, yours. I am assuming you are sober now so let me know if this is still a line of discussion you want to carry on with. I've got answers for you if you want them but it's going to be a silly conversation. :-D

Love you, buddy. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom