Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

RasputinLives

We can't divorce the time that he was managed by his father from the time he was at McLaren, as there was so much overlap. Hamilton does not appear to have come out and criticise anyone particularly at McLaren for being restrictive, merely that at Mercedes, he's feeling less restricted - and he acknowledges in the quote to feeling less restricted in the last few years at McLaren as well! Also, this is the Lewis Hamilton thread, not the "Lewis Hamilton feeling restricted at McLaren thread"

EDIT - Apologies RasputinLives ... I didn't see the post about Perez.... I thought it was a bit out of character....

Ron is a bit ott FB I think we're all aware of that but as I had to fill in a 40 page document in order to get clearence for my job it seems rather mild to me but then again maybe I'm not the best judge. However if I was being paid what they were being paid I don't think I'd mind being told to shave every now and again!

The Artist..... could it be the restriction Lewis refers to was under the management of his Father? He always seemed a strict taskmaster (Although to be fair he got results so it worked). Can you imagine being that age and a world superstar and having to answer to your dad all the time? Tough for any kid no matter how much they love their Dad.

At least Lewis a free to appear on 3rd and 4th rate TV shows and make a complete dingbat out of himself whenever he wants to now, instead of doing stupid commercials, he said he wanted less PR after all....;)

I don't think Hamilton will ever have long hair, regardless of team. LOL

But it is true that the top F1 teams have brands that they take steps to protect. I would ban beards, of course, and require all of my drivers to grow a Graham Hill moustache. I think every team should. :yes:

If McLaren is too restrictive for Hamilton and he's enjoying himself more at Mercedes, than all power to him. Don't expect him looking like a hobo any time soon, though.

Earrings were allowed at McLaren that's pretty hard core....

Maybe that's just because it's something they never thought to prohibit in a contract, as they didn't think any driver would want to look like a prize fool wearing earrings.... (This is NOT a judgement about Hamilton, this is a general judgement about men with earrings)

(ever-so-slightly) off-topic but that reminds me of an old interview with Gordon Murray I read a while ago, dating from the early eighties and the Brabham-Ford days. He used to be at loggeheads with Piquet because Nelson insisted on wearing his fancy wristwatch while driving. "Doesn't he understand that in order to compensate for (the watch's) extra-weight we have to
spend through technology a sum equivalent to the cost of his watch?!..."

Back
Top Bottom