Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

lewymp4 - Jesus, I didn't say him saying it was irrelevant. I said the choice of words was irrelevent as whether he said 'stupid' or 'silly' it was still indicative of a breakdown in the Hamilton-McLaren relationship. Sky clearly didn't miss it as they showed the interview. Go figure. The fact he said it is not up for debate, unless you think Sky F1 hired in a lookalike and handed him a script.:rolleyes:

No, it was definitely Lewis and i'm 95% sure it was 'stupid'.

As for the BBC article, sounds a lot like Fuller speak to me, there is no way they are all Hamiltons own words.

Equally interesting was;

"We had another rear suspension failure somehow, I don't understand how," he said.

Rear damper last week and rear anti roll bar this week. Possibly the first time Hamilton has encountered recurring suspension issues at McLaren.

Martin Whitmarsh said:
Lewis may have scored only a single world championship point this afternoon, but I’m happy to be quoted as saying that it was probably the hardest won and most heroically fought world championship point in McLaren’s long history. His car suffered a rear anti-roll bar failure early on - and that destroyed his car’s handling balance and made it impossible for him to look after his tyres. The fact that he nonetheless hung on in there, through thick and thin, battling wheel to wheel with drivers whose cars were undamaged, was truly mighty. Then, finally, to add insult to injury, he picked up a strip of stray run-off Astroturf, and that further compromised his car’s performance - yet, even so, despite not being able to shake it off as it flapped about in the air-stream, he still clung on to 10th place. Believe me, it was an epic, stirring, majestic drive.
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2012/10/13927.html

riskitall
Just give it a rest why don't you... You only see little digs as you're looking for them! Many people might say that when lewis hamilton was talking about his problems in Japan and how he knew it had to be a car problem as he never got his set up that wrong- that he could be seen to be having a dig at JB! But actually, this is almost certainly NOT the case!

PS- why do you think that tooned is a dig at Hamilton?

riskitall

cartoons............that about sums it up.

They won't have long to wait.........to check out Checo..............sounds like JB knows it already.......

It was quite unecessary for JB to say in the papers that HE was disappointed in Lewis......... re the telemetry tweet.
I expect LH was disappointed with many things that JB has done that have affected his races, but the only thing LH has said (to my knowledge) was that JB had taken him off his twitter & he thought it was ....petty? This 'nothing news',took up a lot of column inches etc....IMO 'much ado about nothing'.....

Back
Top Bottom