Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I feel I have to say that my mention of Lewis's mistake was in no way meant as a dig at him it is a slip that anyone could have made no doubt he was informed after and quite rightly laughed it off.......

Well I've certainly never before heard of any team making a point of publicly stating their car for the following year would be based around the style of one of their drivers, and certainly not a team with 2 WDC's.
So why would McLaren do precisely that now? Are they trying to persuade someone? 8-)

The headline is misleading (Aren't they all.) the text tells a different story, the BBC are shit....
To be fair it was the link that was misleading as it read "2013 Car Based on Lewis" when the article read "2013 Car Based on Lewis Staying", but I agree with you. So the situation is that the car is clearly being designed for Hamilton. And Button. Or whoever. You heard it from Auntie first ... :givemestrength:

The beeb have been doing that for years. They just write a screaming headline designed to grab attention and you read the actual content and it's hardly anything to do with the title.

I'm not sure this is the BBC trying to whip up a frenzy here.... It more looks like incompetence in not noticing that their entire headline would fit in the gap! ;)

I put a complaint into the BBC about their headlines saying they were beginning to be no better than a tacky tabloid - it was about an article to do with JB I think. Suffice to say I had no response. I read that article yesterday and came to the conclusion it was a non story so didn't bother bringing it up.

From what the BBC said two or three years ago their headlines have to be within a certain number of characters. This results in the either having to bulk out a headline or cut some out. Either way they very often finish up with something which just does not a headline that does not tie up with the article content.

Back
Top Bottom