Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Some comments from Hamilton on the current situation: http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/09/16/motor-racing-hamilton-idINL3E8KG08920120916

"I don't have a timeline. My focus is on trying to win this world championship."

"Of course I do have to have those things sorted out but I do have people in the background working on those contract negotiations."

"There's a lot of speculation, there's a lot of stories that aren't true."

"I think we're all wise enough to understand that people write things and that what is written is not necessarily what is true."

"I think the most important thing is that I'm 100 percent focused on winning with this team and taking them forward."

"I've been with the team since I was 13 and we've worked so hard since 2009 to try and win this championship and hopefully, finally, we're in the position where we can."

"So the most important thing is that I do not get distracted by all the rubbish that's been around."

I reckon what happens in the Championship will decide where he's going, if he overhauls Alonso by Brazil he'll almost certainly stay

Alberto Ascari, Juan Manuel Fangio, Jackie Stewart (sort of), Denny Hulme, Niki Lauda, Nelson Piquet, Alain Prost, Michael Schumacher, Damon Hill, Fernando Alonso & Jenson Button.

All of those drivers, for various reasons, jumped ship to another constructor after winning the Drivers' Championship.

Fair point teabagyokel although in Alonso and Button's cases, moving to McLaren was the sensible idea as Renault were never going to keep their form up (which they didnt and have never really recaptured it) and Brawn had no money for the 2010 car

With Schumacher it was Ferrari, regardless of their mediocrity at the time he would have been stupid to have turned them down, particulary as he brought key members over from Benetton

Fair point teabagyokel although in Alonso and Button's cases, moving to McLaren was the sensible idea as Renault were never going to keep their form up (which they didnt and have never really recaptured it) and Brawn had no money for the 2010 car
Off topic but I thought Button left because the team didn't want to pay him as much as he wanted and ultimately wanted German drivers anyway?

Brogan Most reports stated that Button actually had a more lucrative contract offer from Mercedes than McLaren were willing to offer him! The difference was length of contract, and the opportunity to race in the lion's den!

I thought it was said on here......... that Jenson told his manager that he wanted McLaren at whatever remuneration was offered?
To whose advantage was it to call McLaren.....The Lion's Den...........?
Me thinks it was more of a kitty's bed.....with everyone bending over backwards to welcome the new arrival.

The saddest thing that has happened is the unending justification of ill-luck and the endless need to apportion blame to all except the man himself by some posters.

We all know and accept that Lewis is a stunning driver and, in perfect circumstances, he might piss on most of the rest of the field - what most can't tolerate (and I'm being irrationally bold here) is the endless bloody bleating that 'he was robbed'. Lewis is not an automaton and does have choices - he also seems to be his own worst enemy.

No, not true - the protestations of his greatest fans are really not doing him any good. Even the sane become irritated and antagonistic when all we (yes, I am one of those) see is justification after justification for his lack of wins. It doesn't mean we have no regard for him - it just means that he is one out of 24 who hasn't had a great weekend.

So please, all Hamilton fans make your point once, and then stop banging on unless there is any NEW evidence to back up your argument.

I think you'll find that the Anti-Hamilton brigade far outnumbers the few people (myself included) that feel compelled to actually put in a good word for the guy once in a while.

You'll also find that there's barely any celebrating of [driver H]'s triumphs. His frequent wins are usually accompanied by crickets, so as not to ruffle the feathers of the all too sensitive Anti-Hamilton brigade. We have enough nonsense to deal with on the other weeks.

Nobody needs to look any further than Valencia to discover the shit that [driver H] must deal with. What was the storyline coming out of there? "You need to be more cautious about who you're racing against", this is in Formula One mind you. Any other driver would have gotten loads of sympathy for having been punted. Not from you though Jen, not from the team, and certainly not from the rest of the Anti-Hamilton brigade.

The fact that you couldn't admit that [LH] got jobbed in Valencia was really an eye opener for me. Sadly, this theme has been repeated time after time now. If you can't give someone the benefit of the doubt there, then you quite clearly never will.

There's so much moaning about what a relatively small amount of posters have to say that it far outweighs the trouble that these posts might actually cause. The people that respond to each and every one of these posts with some snide remark or supposedly witty retort need to check themselves. There's obviously a lot of deep seeded resentment and/or dislike emanating from these posts and its becoming tiresome.

Back
Top Bottom