Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

It was hard to determine for me at first, with quick glances if it was Lewis or Jenson driving, that problem doesn't rise for Lewis with the use of his bright yellow helmet. Lewis is known for his yellow hemet, like Fernando with his use of that disitinctive blue on his, and I hope that he doesn't change.

As a slight off topic side, I wonder how teams / drivers make money from changing their skid lids all the time. There can be no other reason for all these "special editions" surely? (other than the tribute ones obviously)

Despite what he says in that video, from the simple fact that the interior of his helmet is always specifically green just like the helmets Ayron Senna wore, I think it's fairly clear that his helmet design is supposed to be just like Senna's rather than that PR stuff about him trying to stand out so his Dad would recognize him.

Viscount. That's not strictly true- standard LH helmets have a black lining.

However, the combination of a yellow helmet with a green band at the top of the visor and a blue band at the bottom of the visor can only lead to one comparison!

Wearing a helmet as a tribute is fine- just look at Elio De Angelis.... His helmet design was worn by Jean Alesi for his entire career!

(I also remember going to club races in the early '90s and seeing people with helmets that were designed to look like Nigel Mansell's a although the blue and red was done in electrical tape on the surface of the helmet!)

The yellow helmet as a sign for his father to recognise is now too firmly told for Hamilton to go back on- at least until he retires and writes his autobiography!

article-2207407-1529556A000005DC-468_634x453.jpg

Because his gearbox failed.

Yeah right...why didn't Macca change it....?
He could have made up the 5 places .....?
Maybe HE chose to give it a go...?
Maybe we will find out?
...doubt it though
MB said on SKY.....in Q3 ...why did they (McLaren) keep LH out for another lap (where he brushed the wall) LH was faster than SV final lap Q3......
Who wants to say anything....& be hunted down.?....very sad MW wants to be proved that he was right to get Button..so what is the :censored: point\ of me saying otherwise........... have no gang to back me up ....

Gearbox failures at this stage of the season are difficult to stomach but Singapore is notorious for passing difficulties and crashes so it was worth taking the risk as long as McLaren didn't knowingly send him out with a knackered gearbox, which I'm sure they didn't. Some would've still taken issue had McLaren surrendered pole position in favour of a new gear box (exactly what they did in China). Story of Hamilton's season really and he hasn't done a lot wrong.

F1ang-o
You really are a bit of a doughnut aren't you!

There is NO CONSPIRACY AGAINST HAMILTON!!!

Last race, button had a fuel pump problem which had never happened again! This race, Hamilton had a gearbox failure... What's the problem with that?
Check-out the race/Quali on SKY...Macca should have checked out LH car...he# had a brush with the wall...
He should have been sitting back & enjoying his great pole lap...but macca kept him out...STRANGE THAT......!!!!

From what I understand, McLaren could check the car in Parc Ferme but not actually change/fix anything without penalty. Also, given the failure was almost certainly internal, and presuming they checked the car over, it would have been nigh-on impossible to spot any damage. The failure may not have even been a result of touching the wall in quali anyway.
It's unfortunate that we appear to have now been robbed of a Hamilton vs Alonso title fight, but while there are still points to fight for it's looking increasingly likely that Hamilton's chances are gone. Still hard to blame McLaren for today though, just one of those things unfortunately.

Gearboxes fail, accidents happen. It's all been part of motor racing. The reliability of the cars is far better than it ever was. Teams just have to make the most of the chances they get and hope the luck holds.

There's no conspiracy, the teams want the maximum WCC points so they wouldn't compromise one of their own drivers to suit another one. (Does not include crashgate)

Back
Top Bottom