Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I can understand wanting to keep some of the trophies but any one of the squiggly Santander identikit trophies are interchangable.

I could see a situation arise where one K Raikkonen could end up back at McLaren... p'haps with LH heading the other way...

Anthony Hamilton made a rather large deal of the McLaren-Lewis family history at the weekend during the post race coverage.
In fact it couldn't have been more of an obvious hint that Lewis wants to stay at McLaren. Whether or not McLaren will offer him the proverbial moon on a stick he's possibly maneuevering for is unknown though.

With Jenson's manager advising Paul Di Resta in his defence against Lewis' dad.....the intrigue rolls on
Is that what's happening? I heard that Anthony and Di Resta were going to court, heard it on twitter but didnt know the ins and outs of it. Whats Jenson's manager got to do with it?????

I believe they only have 1 trophy missing from their collection - and that's the 1989 Italian GP trophy, which Alain Prost "gave away" to the crowd.... incurring the wrath of Dennis...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Artist..... Given the state of Alain's relationship with Dennis at the time I think it's fair to assume Prost deliberately infuriated him that day, especially considering it'd just been announced Prost would be switching to the reds.

I would hate to see this as the deal breaker for either side though, it seems rather a small point in the general scheme of things. I appreciate the significance, but in order to make this a key point, one would assume that one or other maybe even both believe they have a strong bargaining position.

To be fair I think it is an unmistakable sign of Ron Dennis's famed gigantic ego (huge enough to match that of any top-driver) that he always insisted on retaining drivers' trophies.
Drivers' trophies should go to the drivers. The clue is in the words "Driver" and "Trophy".

All this talk of trophies is a load of tosh - its what's in your head that counts. And if you can't remember what you've won when you are 64, best to write each one down as you win it.

No - whether you are a F1 driver or an Olympian, you are a member of a team and the team takes precedence.

That is my ideal and it also explains why I don't do teams personally!

Back
Top Bottom