Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

ok, here we go. I was away on holiday and missed the last race. Great that Lewis won. Nothing out of the ordinary in what I am saying so far...

However, the last time I was on holiday I missed the race and, yes you guessed it, Lewis won. In fact the last 5 times I have been on holiday and missed the GP, Lewis has won. Before the weekend I told my brother (who likes a bet :whistle:) that I woul be missing the race and he is now richer (although I wont see a penny of it :().

What do you reckon my chances are that if I contact McLaren and Lewis they will send me on holiday every GP weekend? ;)

All the McLaren drivers sweated blood for their trophies, some nearly died for them. What makes Hamilton so special (rhetorical question)?

Now that this problem regarding who will keep the winning trophy is a sticking point in the current ongoing negotiations, and is in the public domain......Dennis will never......never back down.

Lewis had better have a letter of intent signed with Red Bull for 2014, if himself and his :censored: management team continue to make this a real issue.

I would like to see Lewis leave McLaren so that he can shake off the privileged groomed for the part image, unless he drives for a lower team he will never prove his worth for me and many others...

Vettel also carries this monkey on his back...

I don't think Lewis needs to shake off or prove anything. He isn't privileged, he's working class, and only got where he got through talent and hard work. Mclaren would have dropped him before you could blink where it not for his outstanding talent. But I do agree with you that he needs to run for a different team, because McLaren don't take him seriously, they still see him as their little experiment. Problem is, right now there isn't anywhere to go.

It's not like he's not raced in a bad car either. He really dragged that MP4-24 to places it should not have been at the start of 2009, he's also won races when he hasn't had the fastest car (IMO). I don't know why you think he's privileged, obviously he's confident in his abilities and doesn't seem to friendly with the press (like Button or Webber) but I don't see him as a spoiled rich kid, although I can understand how it might come across that he's arrogant.

He's supremely confident in his own abilities but his upbringing has not equipped him to deal well with media. He's what he is and cant pretend to be otherwise. And though it doesn't play to his advantage, its one of the things I like and admire about him.

I don't think Lewis needs to shake off or prove anything. He isn't privileged, he's working class, and only got where he got through talent and hard work. Mclaren would have dropped him before you could blink where it not for his outstanding talent.

racecub....you are correct IMO on several important points regarding Lewis.

1. Lewis doesn't have to prove anything, especially to those who criticize him for no matter what he does.

2. Lewis being privileged LOL.....Anthony Hamilton initially had to work 2 or 3 jobs, in order for Lewis to compete in karting.

Nico Rosberg and Nelson Piquet Jr., both sons of former WDC's din't have any concerns when it came to competing in karting,
because of their fathers financial support. In the case of Piquet Jr., a GP2 team was setup just for him, and funded with help
from daddy.......now thats privilege.

3. Ron Dennis and Mclaren would have dropped Lewis like a hot rock, if he didn't perform and met their expectations.

Back
Top Bottom