Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

I cant believe that if thats correct!! they defend Button's poor driving to the hilt and when lewis tries to recover from yet another of their ptstop errors they have the audacity to call him reckless?? When eveyone else can see what Maldonado did? And did they say this before lewis and Maldonado went to the stewards? Nothing like backing your driver up is there.Unbelievable!!

Mclaren want to retain Lewis, and that could be the easiest way to lose him, by using that word reckless in any of his actions on the track, which I find it hard to believe that anybody at Mclaren would be that ....stupid!

racecub, as you can well imagine, I like many was very disappointed with that disastrous pitstop, and watching Lewis being passed by Alonso who had pitted at the same lap time, which gave me a sense of dread.

I'm a bit late to this but Hamilton was desperately unlucky there. Shocking driving by Maldonado. Hamilton had every right to defend his position and make the driver behind work for it. Echos of the enthralling GP2 Race earlier in the day where Calado held of a rampant Leimer and Razia for several laps as his tyres faded. Finally he succombed on the last lap, but at least they kept it on the track and didn't demolition-derby style drive into each other. 20 seconds retrospective is a joke of a punishment.

If Hamilton had started his F1 career at a backmarker or midfield team as per the norm, do people think he would have stood out that much from the rest of the grid? Furthermore, if after his first season in a midfield team he joined McLaren in 2008 & won the title (never being teammates with Alonso), do people think he would still be as highly regarded/hated as he is?

Back
Top Bottom