Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Whitmarsh has suggested that McLaren's current form won't affect Hamilton's decision to renew his contract.

Maybe it won't but perhaps the culture within the team will.
They seem incapable of adapting pro-actively to a situation and this is borne out time and again by strategy failures, throwing almost guaranteed wins away, failing to keep up with the development race, etc.

Hamilton's problem is this is the worst possible time to be looking for a drive in one of the top teams.
For that reason alone, I suspect he will stay with McLaren, even if it's just a short 1 year contract.

It will be a sad day if Lewis leaves McLaren......but IMO he should have several WDC by now, so if he does try another team....who could blame him.

As Autosport said one week, McLaren will have to be careful - do they really want Lewis driving in a competitive car against them? It would make 2013 an interesting season if Webber went to Ferrari & Lewis went to Red Bull (not that I can see that happening).
Let's face it Lewis should be a multiple WDC by now, I believe things (cough FIA cough) conspired against McLaren in 2007, 2008 was okay, 2009 McLaren let him down, 2010 could really have been any one of 5 drivers with a couple of races but the car was slow out of the box, 2011 Lewis let McLaren down & 2012 we'll have to see how they develop the car but it's not looking hopeful.
But all drivers/teams can say what ifs & maybes, the important thing right now is for McLaren to pull their finger out & start developing the things that matter like aero & not fiddling round with weeks designing a new jack...sorry going off topic slightly, I'll shut up!

If Lewis went to Lotus...& Grosjean went to Ferrari......that would cause problems for Macca
Lewis & Kimi would be ...no probs getting the job done
Lewis has been held back.......he should be with a team fully behind him...he is at his peak & IMO being let down

Lewis could certainly help the sponsorship situation at Williams... a top 3 talent would greatly assist in drawing in a top shelf sponsor or two...

LH is at a bit of a crossroads... a good test for him and his management to sort out...

McLaren - the devil you know... or maybe not ? Maybe a 2 or 3 year deal with a driver option in yr 2 and/or 3... or a blended team driver option with certain triggers ? Dual get out of jail cards... p'haps not on Dennis' watch...

Ferrari - next... (as FA shows LH around Maranello...Lewis... this is your office... next to the ... how do you say... out house ...)

RBR - no vacancy (try again next year...)

Mercedes - sprechen ze deutsch ? Would need Schumacher to just say nein to F1... for Lewis ? I don't know...

Lotus - intriguing... have assembled a quality team after the "Nelshinho bin it in the wall Singapore sling"-gate... another championship pedigree team... would be a coup to take him from Mercedes...

Williams - slightly less intriguing... a championship pedigree without the recent budget to compete... but Renault power have made them relevant again... if Maldonado can put the current car in the top 6 qually and race in 2 of 3 races then what could LH do with it ?

Back
Top Bottom