Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Some of the best defensive driving I have ever seen. I think Maldonado is his worst enemy. What a wreckless ****! He's got a big ****ing problem!

Really? You gonna kill him? Calm down man. Yes it was silly stuff by Maldonado but Hamilton was silly too, sometimes you just have to know when to give up and he clearly didn't.

No one has said Lewis is to blame just suggested maybe the Maldonado witch hunt is a little out of order and more to do with which driver he's had an incident with.

I don't see you using expletertives about Jean Eric Vergne who had took Kovi out far more recklessly and put the whole grid in danger by carrying on with that tyre.

*Mod Notice*

Please could you direct any comments concerning the Hamilton/Maldonado crash to the Valencia thread

*Thank you*

If McLaren hadnt screwed up again in the pitstop Lewis wouldn't have been anywhere near dangerman, he would have have been fending of Alonso for the win. I think McLaren have pretty much blown Lewis' championship hopes this year.

The Hamilton of 2011 was back today and I think he is here to stay.

He should have let Raikkonen past and focussed on saving the tyres to reach the end (and in one piece)

Correct me if I am wrong but Kimi did pass Lewis did he not. Maybe he had to fight for it but that is racing and it is supposed to be F1 not Mario Kart. Oh, and what does that have to do with Button vs Lewis?
yeah, but he had to fight to hold him there, I'm saying he should have let Raikkonen past about 15 laps earlier, he was clearly never going to catch alonso and Raikko was faster, so Raikko could have gone and beaten Alonso while Hamilton would have slowed up and kept the tyres in order.

championshp wise for Hamilton

2nd Alo
3rd Ham

would have been better in comparison to the spaniard than

1st Alo
2nd Ham

which he couldn't get anyway thanks to wearing the tyres out.

downforce

Considering that most of that time he was chasing down Alonso, albeit by a few tenths at a time, and he would not have known how long Kimi could have maintained his attack, why the heck should he give up racing? I for one do not want to see drivers capitulating to score some safe points. This is F1, arguably the pinnacle of motor sport. The guys are out there to race not to pussy foot around wherein lies another risk in that (as we have seen often enough in the past) too much caution can just as easily put one in a place one doesn't want to be.

racecub Fenderman
If Alonso is leading the WDC when he hasn't got the best car........his future looks bright

Mclaren seem to have wasted any advantage they had. They have duffed up Lewis' race again........ but I read on the race thread ....that Macca say LH was reckless, ......written by riskitall?
He was racing, defending, under 2? laps to go.
He'd had a radio message telling him to push! I had Sky & BBC on at same time, but I think I heard it on BBC

F1ang-o I agree. That "reckless" comment seems to have come out of nowhere. I still haven't seen it anywhere else and it doesn't fit with any other information that we have been privy to. I have stronger terms for describing that sort of unfounded and unsupported stuff but let's just say I think that it's total crapola and unworthy of posting on this forum.

I cant believe that if thats correct!! they defend Button's poor driving to the hilt and when lewis tries to recover from yet another of their ptstop errors they have the audacity to call him reckless?? When eveyone else can see what Maldonado did? And did they say this before lewis and Maldonado went to the stewards? Nothing like backing your driver up is there.Unbelievable!!

Fenderman

I see what your saying but this is something I think Di Resta is good at. Knowing which battles to pick and which not to.

And for me this was clearly one not too. Not that I can prove it but I was saying out loud at the time he should let Raikko at Alonso and focus on looking after his tyres.

And this instance hindsight proves me right.

Back
Top Bottom