Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

The Artist.....I was just referring to sponsorship in general, but in regards to Santander they are sponsoring the McLaren team but the drivers at that team are obviously important to them and may affect the level of sponsorship. As you said, McLaren being seen as a British team may influence Santander and I think having 2 British drivers enhances the 'Britishness' of the team. If the arguably most marketable driver in F1 who is also British left McLaren I think Santander might re-evaluate their level of sponsorship with the team, though I'm not saying they'd leave McLaren and follow Hamilton.

On a side note, Santander sponsorship of Ferrari is believed by some to be part of the reason why Massa is still with the team, as they've been using him to heavily promote their expansion in Brazil where 28% of their profit comes from.

Lewis's win today means he has won a race in all of his first six F1 seasons. Is that a new record?

Edit: Just checked Wiki. He's up against Fangio on this one! Fangio won at least one race in each of his first 7 seasons. Did not win in his 8th and last season.

Not many drivers win a race in their first season, I cant think of any driver that has beaten a reigning 2xWC in their first season though

I havent checked as far back as Fangio as I believe comparing todays F1 with the F1 of the heroic age is fricken ridiculous

have you noticed how after lewis's win more ppl are complaining about the tyres?and now some are saying its too easy to win.
hmmmmmm...

Haven't people been complaining about the tyres all season? Schumacher had a massive rant about it after Spain. There have been all sorts of articles on it on here all year.

I hope you're not close to making headwear out of a well know metallic kitchen product used for food coverage riskitall

Hamilton his own worst enemy again.

Granted the team screwed his pit stop (again) but he was going to lose that place to Maldonado eventually so why risk fighting for it?

So instead of 12 points it's 0, gifting a massive WDC lead to Alonso.

ExtremeNinja
I cannot believe he has still has got a licence, I read on here that a few seasons ago, he ran into a marshall under yellows, causing severe injuries to the marshall's back. Why is he still allowed to race?
Maldonado causes so much trouble. I really reallty really dont like him.
I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but he is getting worse and worse. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near him on a racetrack. The guy is a lunatic and doesn't deserve his super licence.

I wondered when the witch hunt would start. Didn't have to wait long. I don't think Pastor is the most sensible with his moves and like I said before as he was suddenly closing down on Lewis with 2 laps to go I just knew it was going to happen. Why? Because Pastor will jump at gaps, sometimes one's that aren't there, because he's so desprete to win. I have heard this said about a certain someone else before.

He's not my favourite driver either but this "they're too dangerous to be on the track, take their superlicence away" stuff has to stop guys. You all did it with Kobi in Spa too. If Pastor had done something dangerous towards Lewis I'd be the first to join in with you guys but he made a mistake trying to gain a place something we've seen a number of drivers do before. Yes I know he has form but then so do many others.

Back
Top Bottom